Windows 10: Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me

Discus and support Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I got a email someone was added to my family without my permission, then 2 minutes later one saying my account was removed from my family. I never... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KyleReid1, May 23, 2020.

1. KyleReid1 Win User

Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me

I got a email someone was added to my family without my permission, then 2 minutes later one saying my account was removed from my family.
    I never approved anyone to join.
    If a child account can, this is a MASSIVE issue.

:)

KyleReid1, May 23, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 23, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Removing an adult from my computer

Hi Destiny,

To help you remove or delete the Adult account, please follow these steps:

• Click Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Select Accounts, click on Family & other users on the left side, click on
      Manage family settings online link.
    • Click on Remove under Adults in Your family.
    • Click on the adult account you want to remove, and click on Remove.

You can also check this link
    for other steps.

Please let us know the result and if you need further help

Ryan Fra, May 23, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me

Family and other people, cannot remove adult in any screen. name and email remains.

Hi KDF64,

Before you will be able to remove an adult account, you have to remove all the child accounts under Family. One of the methods to check the account description is by going to Settings. You can follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts.
    3. Click Family & other accounts.
    4. Under the account user name is the description of the account. You will see if it is a
      Child account or an Adult account.

To remove an account from the Family in Windows 10 or on Xbox One, you can follow the steps in this

link.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me - Similar Threads - Removed Family Someone

2. Trying to removing an adult family member from Family Safety Group, but receiving 'You'll...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to removing an adult family member from Family Safety Group, but receiving 'You'll...: I have been trying to remove an adult family member from Family Safety Group, The family member is my wife, no longer wants the service, as it didn't operate as intended.Upon attempting to remove her, I only have one option.After selecting 'remove from family group' I receive...
  3. Trying to removing an adult family member from Family Safety Group, but receiving 'You'll...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to removing an adult family member from Family Safety Group, but receiving 'You'll...: I have been trying to remove an adult family member from Family Safety Group, The family member is my wife, no longer wants the service, as it didn't operate as intended.Upon attempting to remove her, I only have one option.After selecting 'remove from family group' I receive...
  4. Trying to removing an adult family member from Family Safety Group, but receiving 'You'll...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. someone i don't know has added me to family safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    someone i don't know has added me to family safety: My Microsoft account has been added to a family safety group by someone I don't know called Jake. they have added app restrictions to apps and programs i use on a daily basis and this is becoming very frustrating.can you please remove my Microsoft account from this...
  6. someone i don't know has added me to family safety

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    someone i don't know has added me to family safety: My Microsoft account has been added to a family safety group by someone I don't know called Jake. they have added app restrictions to apps and programs i use on a daily basis and this is becoming very frustrating.can you please remove my Microsoft account from this...
  7. Removed from Microsoft Family as an adult and STILL getting Sign In requests

Removed from Microsoft Family as an adult and STILL getting Sign In requests: I didnt sign up for Family Features and Im an adult with my own Microsoft account. I guess my husband put me on his when he bought Office for family to share it which we could never get to share with me anyway. I have never gotten these pop ups til this week and they wont...
  8. someone has added to family members group and I cant remove

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    someone has added to family members group and I cant remove: Someone has added to family members group and I can't remove - not someone i recognise or have tried to add myself. I go to remove member but it asks to change consent which it wont let me as they seem to be listed as a child. I follow the steps to page and get this...
  9. Remove Adult Family Member

Remove Adult Family Member: I'm trying to remove an adult from my Family list and I keep getting an error "We can't do this right now. Try again later" I'm connected to the internet just fine - what do I need to do differently?...
  10. Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval

Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval: Tried to download Chrome then Firefox to see if permissions worked so that each child can use different browser for learning driving me mad keep asking for passwords. Both asked for permissions from an adult to use which I clicked - then approved both on my own laptop both...