Windows 10: Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me

Discus and support Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I got a email someone was added to my family without my permission, then 2 minutes later one saying my account was removed from my family. I never... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KyleReid1, May 23, 2020.

1. KyleReid1 Win User

Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me

I got a email someone was added to my family without my permission, then 2 minutes later one saying my account was removed from my family.
    I never approved anyone to join.
    If a child account can, this is a MASSIVE issue.

:)

KyleReid1, May 23, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, May 23, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Removing an adult from my computer

Hi Destiny,

To help you remove or delete the Adult account, please follow these steps:

• Click Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Select Accounts, click on Family & other users on the left side, click on
      Manage family settings online link.
    • Click on Remove under Adults in Your family.
    • Click on the adult account you want to remove, and click on Remove.

You can also check this link
    for other steps.

Please let us know the result and if you need further help

Ryan Fra, May 23, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me

Family and other people, cannot remove adult in any screen. name and email remains.

Hi KDF64,

Before you will be able to remove an adult account, you have to remove all the child accounts under Family. One of the methods to check the account description is by going to Settings. You can follow the steps below:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts.
    3. Click Family & other accounts.
    4. Under the account user name is the description of the account. You will see if it is a
      Child account or an Adult account.

To remove an account from the Family in Windows 10 or on Xbox One, you can follow the steps in this

link.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Removed from Family, After Someone else was added that was not approved by a adult me - Similar Threads - Removed Family Someone

2. Remove Adult Family Member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Adult Family Member: I'm trying to remove an adult from my Family list and I keep getting an error "We can't do this right now. Try again later" I'm connected to the internet just fine - what do I need to do differently?...
  3. How to remove a child from an existing family but don't know the adult account details

How to remove a child from an existing family but don't know the adult account details: I'm trying to add my son to my Microsoft family but it says he's already a member of a family and needs to leave that first. When I log in as my son it says his adult is me but it must be a different account I have as when I log in as the adult it still says the child account...
  4. Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval

Microsoft Family Approval Not Recognising Approval: Tried to download Chrome then Firefox to see if permissions worked so that each child can use different browser for learning driving me mad keep asking for passwords. Both asked for permissions from an adult to use which I clicked - then approved both on my own laptop both...
  5. Family Account Adult Age

Family Account Adult Age: Hello, I just read a question which stated that anyone over the age of 18 is considered an Adult Account. I am 18 and I have child restrictions on my account. My birthday is set to the correct day/month/year. How can I change my account to an Adult account?...
  6. Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlinking my personal email from an MS account - that someone else has added: Hi there, My personal email address has been added to a MS account without my permission. I am not sure how this has happened, but I would like to get this removed as soon as I can. It's preventing me from adding my own personal email to my MS account and I worry that it is...
  7. Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family

Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family: Hi, I was removed from my Microsoft family years ago, however I am still seeing restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and other services on devices I signed into before this change. Why is this? I tried to find a way to change my account to local and then back to a...
  8. Can someone tell me if this message is from Windows 10 or something else?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can someone tell me if this message is from Windows 10 or something else?: This appears maybe 50% of the time as I am shutting down my computer. I have never seen this from Microsoft before and it only happens on one of my computers. The usual message from Windows for updates is different so I am concerned this might be something else. [IMG]...
  9. Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval

Google Chrome asking for admin/adult approval: I've removed myself from the family and it still asks for parent's approval. I dont know what to even do anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-asking-for-adminadult-approval/2fa73af7-843c-49eb-816d-bd92f90e3cee"
  10. Adding Adult Family Member and comcast.net e-mail account

Adding Adult Family Member and comcast.net e-mail account: I am running Windows 10 on my Dell PC and I am set up as the system administrator and have Xfinity as my ISP and Comcast.net as my personal e-mail. I want it add my wife to the account where she has her own e-mail address and sign on. The problem is when I try to add her as...