Windows 10: Removed from family, but still have content restrictions

Discus and support Removed from family, but still have content restrictions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've been removed from a family, but still seem to have content restrictions on Xbox. There are no filters applied on the Xbox - all are set to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by nsan12, Jun 9, 2020.

1. nsan12 Win User

Removed from family, but still have content restrictions

Hi,

I've been removed from a family, but still seem to have content restrictions on Xbox. There are no filters applied on the Xbox - all are set to off. The xbox blocks me from playing games or accessing apps without parental permissions, even though the account has been removed from a family.

Any suggestions on how to get round this?

Thanks.

:)

nsan12, Jun 9, 2020
  2. johnkwon1 Win User

Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Thanks for the response, but this has nothing to do with what I'm asking. I know how to set content restriction for each of my children, but it becomes tedious for me to have to maintain 4 different content restriction "Only Allowed" list when that list
    will be the same for all 4 children. Is there a way to share that list or export/import the list among the children within the family?

johnkwon1, Jun 9, 2020
  3. CP001 Win User
    Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating

Hi,

I have (as parent) added a few websites to the 'Always blocked' list on the 'content restriction' section of my Microsoft Family account. This only seem to apply to the computer where I edited the online 'content restrictions' list. On other computers,
    where I have accounts for my kids, those pages are still accessible. The computer doesn't seem to be synchronising with the online setting. How do I fix this please?

CP001, Jun 9, 2020
  4. johnkwon1 Win User

Microsoft Family shared content restriction

I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information.

I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist). What I would like to do is manage one list for all my children. Is there
    a way to share the "Only Allowed" list among other children in the family?

johnkwon1, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Removed from family, but still have content restrictions - Similar Threads - Removed family still

2. After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.: I had restrictions on my account before when I was in a microsoft family but after removing myself from the family I still have the same restrictions. Microsoft please fix this this is so **** stupid....
  3. After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After removing an account from microsoft family the save restrictions still apply.: I had restrictions on my account before when I was in a microsoft family but after removing myself from the family I still have the same restrictions. Microsoft please fix this this is so **** stupid....
  4. Turn of all family restrictions/ remove me from family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn of all family restrictions/ remove me from family: Hi all, I just recently built my own pc and am on windows 10 pro. I logged in using my Microsoft account that I’ve had forever and have used on Xbox. I thought years ago I got rid of any family restrictions and got it to be on my own but it still says it’s a child’s account....
  5. Turn of all family restrictions/ remove me from family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn of all family restrictions/ remove me from family: Hi all, I just recently built my own pc and am on windows 10 pro. I logged in using my Microsoft account that I’ve had forever and have used on Xbox. I thought years ago I got rid of any family restrictions and got it to be on my own but it still says it’s a child’s account....
  6. Microsoft family content restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft family content restrictions: I've set my son up with a child's account and only want to allow him access to certain websites. I inputted all the web addresses but when he tries to access a video on the website for his homework it says that he needs to ask for permission. How can I override this to...
  7. Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family

Family restrictions even after being removed from the Family: Hi, I was removed from my Microsoft family years ago, however I am still seeing restrictions on the New Microsoft Edge and other services on devices I signed into before this change. Why is this? I tried to find a way to change my account to local and then back to a...
  8. Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating

Microsoft Family content restrictions not updating: Hi, I have as parent added a few websites to the 'Always blocked' list on the 'content restriction' section of my Microsoft Family account. This only seem to apply to the computer where I edited the online 'content restrictions' list. On other computers, where I have...
  9. Microsoft Family shared content restriction

Microsoft Family shared content restriction: I've tried to search for this subject, but was unable to find any meaningful information. I have four children setup and for the web browsing content restriction, we have it setup that they are only allowed access to websites listed in the "Only Allowed" list (whitelist)....
  10. Windows 10 Family Restrictions still present even though removed from family

Windows 10 Family Restrictions still present even though removed from family: Hello. I recently logged into my m=Microsoft account on a new PC. My account was previously linked to a family and I was labeled as a child, but I have just removed myself from the family. However, I'm still unable to download certain pieces of software because of the...