Windows 10: Removed from Microsoft Family as an adult and STILL getting Sign In requests

Discus and support Removed from Microsoft Family as an adult and STILL getting Sign In requests in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I didnt sign up for Family Features and Im an adult with my own Microsoft account. I guess my husband put me on his when he bought Office for family to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LizaCastro, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Removed from Microsoft Family as an adult and STILL getting Sign In requests

I didnt sign up for Family Features and Im an adult with my own Microsoft account. I guess my husband put me on his when he bought Office for family to share it which we could never get to share with me anyway. I have never gotten these pop ups til this week and they wont stop even when Im signed in. IT has popped twice as Im WRITING THIS MESSAGE!!

I went to account.microsoft.com/family and removed myself yesterday, rebooted and its STILL popping up. When he looks at his Family Features, Im not even on his list, and its STILL popping up. WHY am I still getting popups asking me to sign in????? How do I disable this completely. I work from home on this computer, there is no reason as an adult with my own accounts I should have to deal with this ridiculousness!!

:)

LizaCastro, Dec 24, 2020

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Dec 24, 2020
  3. Microsoft Account Family Settings: There is an account in my family I didn't create

Hi Andie,

Thank you for posting your response.

We appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

As per the above information, I suggest that you refer to the steps below and check if you are bale to remove the unknown account.

• Sign in at account.microsoft.com/family with your Microsoft account on any PC or device
    • Click/tap on Remove under Adults in
      Your family
    • Click/tap on the adult account you want to remove, and click/tap on Remove
    • You (adult) and all other adults in family will now get an email confirming the adult has been removed from the family

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Removed from Microsoft Family as an adult and STILL getting Sign In requests

to remove a family from the microsoft account.

Hello Areeb,

We understand your concern, We'll certainly assist you with this.

When you say cannot sign in to the account, do you receive any error message or code when you try to sign in.

In Windows 10, Remove people from your Microsoft account family: Follow the steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.

To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, choose
      Remove
      at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Hope this helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Removed from Microsoft Family as an adult and STILL getting Sign In requests

1. Removed from Microsoft Family as an adult and STILL getting Sign In requests - Similar Threads - Removed Microsoft Family

2. Can't get removed from a Microsoft Family group?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get removed from a Microsoft Family group?: I was trying to quit a microsoft family group, that was created back in 2020. We tried to remove me through the administrator's accou but appearently they weren't authorized to do so. Not only that, I can't even SIGN IN into the family program, so I can't even see if there's...
  3. Can't get removed from a Microsoft Family group?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get removed from a Microsoft Family group?: I was trying to quit a microsoft family group, that was created back in 2020. We tried to remove me through the administrator's accou but appearently they weren't authorized to do so. Not only that, I can't even SIGN IN into the family program, so I can't even see if there's...
  4. Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.: Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-sent-your-request-has-been-sent-to-the/dd6d7c89-868d-45d1-aef4-51b32fae02cf
  5. Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.: Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/request-sent-your-request-has-been-sent-to-the/dd6d7c89-868d-45d1-aef4-51b32fae02cf
  6. Request sent Your request has been sent to the adults in your family.

7. Signed out from Microsoft Family Safety, but still Get Blocked???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signed out from Microsoft Family Safety, but still Get Blocked???: Okay, I had signed out from Microsoft Family Safety, but I still get blocking from Family Safety Filter, like this picture below. That is not an adult **** website.That is a news website.Does Family Safety team really do their work?I always got this kind of block warning...
  8. Signed out from Microsoft Family Safety, but still Get Blocked???

Signed out from Microsoft Family Safety, but still Get Blocked???: Okay, I had signed out from Microsoft Family Safety, but I still get blocking from Family Safety Filter, like this picture below. That is not an adult **** website.That is a news website.Does Family Safety team really do their work?I always got this kind of block warning...
  9. Permission from adult requested when i am the adult?

Permission from adult requested when i am the adult?: HelloI am the Administrator and Organizer for my laptop and microsoft account yet yet I am trying to complete Uni work and it keeps coming up saying I need an adults permission to view a certain page? I have checked my date of birth and it is correct, I have removed myself...
  10. Remove Adult Family Member

Remove Adult Family Member: I'm trying to remove an adult from my Family list and I keep getting an error "We can't do this right now. Try again later" I'm connected to the internet just fine - what do I need to do differently?...