Windows 10: Removed printers still appear in "add device dialogue"

Discus and support Removed printers still appear in "add device dialogue" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We are properly deploying a print server and I have removed the printers previously shared to the network from workstations and servers. When a user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matthew O'Brien_flch, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Removed printers still appear in "add device dialogue"

We are properly deploying a print server and I have removed the printers previously shared to the network from workstations and servers. When a user chooses to add a device/printer, the auto search still displays these printers. I have removed the shared printers from AD and deleted the shared printers yet they still appear. Removed printers still appear in "add device dialogue" ec4bf812-9c89-438f-8d9d-1b616943e549?upload=true.jpg

:)

Matthew O'Brien_flch, Jan 16, 2020

2. No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Kris Ver Win User
    Remove Printer dialogue fails

Hi Dave,

There's a possibility that there are hidden devices on your PC causing this issue with your printer. Here are the steps on how to remove hidden devices:

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Select View on the top left corner.
    • Under the View option, select Show hidden devices.
    • Under the Print queues and Printers sections, delete your printer.
    • Once done, restart your PC.

We'll always be here if you need further assistance.

Kris Ver, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Removed printers still appear in "add device dialogue"

Unable to remove a printer and a new printer works, but doesn't appear in Devices and Printers

I had a Kodak printer which broke.

I have acquired and installed a Canon printer which works. It appears in drop-down printer lists in all my applications but doesn't appear in Devices and Printers.

I uninstalled the Kodak drivers and associated software, but the printer still appears in Devices and Printers and "ignores" being told to remove it.

Both printers are/were USB connected.

I am running Windows 10.

Printers list:

The Registry entry seems to differ from this:

Any ideas how I get the Devices and Printers screen to match the registry list (which seems correct)??

Rgds.,

Graham

Graham_Drew, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Removed printers still appear in "add device dialogue"

1. Removed printers still appear in "add device dialogue" - Similar Threads - Removed printers still

2. Devices: Printer Preference Dialogue Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Devices: Printer Preference Dialogue Box: I have an Epson Photo Stylus R800 printer. After the last Windows update I am unable to see the entire Printer Preferences Dialogue box. The entire right hand side is truncated no matter what the DPI setting. It will improve slightly at 175% on occasion but not always....
  3. "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device

"Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box to allow add device: W10 Pro, version 2004 19041.572 When I click on the add a bluetooth or other device button, nothing shows up, there was another thread with the same question I have, but nothing was helpful there, the advisors just repeated how to fix issues where bluetooth cant connect with...
  4. "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box: W10 Pro, version 2004 (19041.572) [img] Only recently my dialogue box isn't popping up to allow me to select with BT device I'd like to connect to on my machine. I've looked around and apparently there was a optional KB to install KB4577063 but no further posts to...
  5. "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box

in Windows 10 Support
    "Add Bluetooth or other device" not triggering dialogue box: W10 Pro, version 2004 (19041.572) [img] Only recently my dialogue box isn't popping up to allow me to select with BT device I'd like to connect to on my machine. I've looked around and apparently there was a optional KB to install KB4577063 but no further posts to...
  6. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  7. Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer - Flashes and closes: Hello, I have Windows 10 1909 and when i go to: control panel - Devices and Printers - Add Device / Add a printer the menu flashes for 1 sec and then closes. Also if i go to: start menu - settings - devices that menu also flashes for 1 sec and them closes. In...
  8. "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Add Devices" and "Add Printer" crashes: I have been trying to add a wireless printer to my laptop both HP, and although the HP Smart app detects the printer, I can't add it in Settings. I can go in Settings and select Devices, but whenever I click to add a new device be it printer, bluetooth, etc. the Settings app...
  9. "Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog

"Add a device" or "Add a printer" dialog: Hi, I am running Windows 10, and, when I go to the "Devices and Printers" window, I have no "Add a Device" or "Add a Printer" dialog appearing when I click the related buttons in the top-right. I only see a brief flash of a blank opening window, and then nothing. I am...
  10. printer dialogue box

printer dialogue box: When I click on my printer icon (HP6790) I get a dialogue box asking me "do want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" if I say no it keeps on reappearing and I cannot get rid of it. My printer is fine so is my wireless connection and I don't need the update, how...