Windows 10: Removed screen time, made computer unusable

Discus and support Removed screen time, made computer unusable in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I use windows 10 and i gave my kids screen time. I proceeded to remove it but it still asks to send an time request. The vocabulary used may not be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AudreyQ1, Jan 9, 2021.

1. AudreyQ1 Win User

Removed screen time, made computer unusable

Hi, I use windows 10 and i gave my kids screen time. I proceeded to remove it but it still asks to send an time request. The vocabulary used may not be exactly the same since we are using Windows 10 in French When I select send time request, it tells me that « An error has occured. Impossible to send the request. Are you connected to the internet? » It doesnt give any other extra information, not even one error code. The computer is also definately connected to the internet since it could reset a password by sending an email. This bug made the computer unusable, how can I fix it without reinstalling windows?

Thanks!

:)

AudreyQ1, Jan 9, 2021

2. Computer takes too long time to boot to Desktop screen.

Hi,

Before we assist you, we would like to know the below information,

• Do you receive an error code message?

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the Computer?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    There are two possible explanations:

• An external device (mouse, printer) could be the culprit;

• This issue could be due to outdated display drivers and updating them could make the black screen disappear.
    I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1 – Check the external devices

• Unplug all external devices

• Restart the computer

• If the black screen has disappeared, add the devices back one at a time to see which piece of hardware is causing this issue

• Once identified, install updated drivers for that particular piece of hardware.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    install the updates
    again using the steps below, and restart the computer.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.
    • In search type Check for updates and hit enter.
    If the computer does not load up within 1 minute, I suggest you to Press & hold the power button down until the laptop or PC clicks off. Leave for 1 minute and start up again using the power button. The upgrading windows screen should appear
    soon after.

Method 3:

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Method 4: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
        Update driver software.
    If that does not helps, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Right click on start screen.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Removed screen time, made computer unusable - Similar Threads - Removed screen made

2. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  3. New windows update made my computer completely unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New windows update made my computer completely unusable: Hey, The new windows update has made it so I can't get past my pin page on start up. I followed some instructions on this website to start up in safe mode and disable the pin with my myconfig.exe so I did that but it's still saying my pin isn't available. So I rebooted again...
  4. October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    October 2023 Windows Update made computer unusable and slow: October 11 2023 update to a Windows 10 on a laptop: Laptop is crippled.It is now so slow and so bad, I am not sure but I might have to go purchase a new laptop.This was lightening fast, yesterday, before the update.Latest update seems to be KB5001716 KB5031356...
  5. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable: "Feature update 20H2 has left my computer almost unusable. It had left it in a state were it would not allow me to log on. I was able to uninstall that failed update to go back to the previous successful update but it now takes about 10 minutes for my taskbar to load and some...
  6. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable: "Feature update 20H2 has left my computer almost unusable. It had left it in a state were it would not allow me to log on. I was able to uninstall that failed update to go back to the previous successful update but it now takes about 10 minutes for my taskbar to load and some...
  7. Windows 10 202H update made computer unusable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows update made computer unusable

Windows update made computer unusable: Windows did an update last night and now I can't use the computer. It will start with the splash screen of the computer name then say it is "diagnosing your PC" then goes to a blue screen that says "Automatic repair" saying it did not start correctly and gives the option to...
  9. KB4100347 Update Made Computer Unusable!

KB4100347 Update Made Computer Unusable!: My wife's work computer just did an update and now nothing works. It has slowed everything down and we can't pull anything up as it takes forever. It has also slowed our internet after it was installed. Please help! She has to use it for work!!!! Trying to lauch programs...
  10. BitLocker made computer unusable (slow)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker made computer unusable (slow): I enabled BitLocker last night. The computer understandably went incredibly slowly because of the heavy disk utilization while it was encrypting my drives. I let it run overnight, but this morning it still hadn't completed my boot SSD (120GB). My SSHD data drive (1TB)...