Windows 10: Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows...

Discus and support Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows... in Cortana to solve the problem; I had inserted a USB in my laptop and then removed it but when I searched the files in the search bar in search this PC in windows explorer, all of the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows...

I had inserted a USB in my laptop and then removed it but when I searched the files in the search bar in search this PC in windows explorer, all of the files and suggestions show up. What do I do to remove them?

"show recently opened items in jump lists on start or taskbar and in file explorer quick access" is already disabled and I have tried removing and adding the indexing options but nothing has worked.

:)

Muhammad Luqman Qureshi, Jun 5, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 5, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Jun 5, 2020
  4. idgat Win User

Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows...

No Search Suggestions from Address Bar Search - Chromium Edge

... Including Settings > Privacy and services > Address bar > Show me search and site suggestions etc ?

idgat, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows...

1. Removed USB files suggestions showing up in search bar and in search this pc in windows... - Similar Threads - Removed USB files

2. Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.: I was using the search bar until I noticed a bunch of results from previous searches mixed with results of things I've never looked up such as "national sorry day" appear in the recent search history. Is this a recent bug related to a Windows update? I've never had this...
  3. Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.: I was using the search bar until I noticed a bunch of results from previous searches mixed with results of things I've never looked up such as "national sorry day" appear in the recent search history. Is this a recent bug related to a Windows update? I've never had this...
  4. Random searches showing up in recent history in the Windows search bar.

in Cortana
  5. Windows 11 - Search Bar: How to hide or remove the "Suggested" search information

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Search Bar: How to hide or remove the "Suggested" search information: Hello,When you open the Search bar from the Windows Task Bar bottom left, next to the Start menu - sorry, I might be describing it wrong as I am not too computer term savvy - it opens up to allow you to search your machine for whatever it is you're needing, i.e. the Add or...
  6. Windows 11 - Search Bar: How to hide or remove the "Suggested" search information

Windows 11 - Search Bar: How to hide or remove the "Suggested" search information: Hello,When you open the Search bar from the Windows Task Bar bottom left, next to the Start menu - sorry, I might be describing it wrong as I am not too computer term savvy - it opens up to allow you to search your machine for whatever it is you're needing, i.e. the Add or...
  7. Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar

Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar: Hi guys it seems like for some reason my icons on the Windows Search Bar is not showing up. I tried many ways to fix this but it's not working. Any methods to solve this problem? I running Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044This is an example of the icons not showing up and it...
  8. Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar: Hi guys it seems like for some reason my icons on the Windows Search Bar is not showing up. I tried many ways to fix this but it's not working. Any methods to solve this problem? I running Windows 10 10.0.19044 Build 19044This is an example of the icons not showing up and it...
  9. Icons not showing up on Windows Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar: Edition -> Windows 10 ProVersion -> 21H2Os Build -> 19044.1645How do I get rid of these annoying suggested apps ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removedisable-suggested-apps-from-search/2695a386-e060-4bc2-958e-98e7083888f8