Windows 10: Removed win10 hdd from dual boot setup and now I get 0xc000000e error

Discus and support Removed win10 hdd from dual boot setup and now I get 0xc000000e error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I had a dual boot configuration, one with win 10 and the other with win 7. Some time ago I removed the hdd that had win 10 on it and now the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bancai, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Bancai Win User

Removed win10 hdd from dual boot setup and now I get 0xc000000e error

Hi guys, I had a dual boot configuration, one with win 10 and the other with win 7. Some time ago I removed the hdd that had win 10 on it and now the computer keeps getting THIS ERROR (0xc000000e) which I'm sure most of you know. Now my question is: Which method do i choose: Win 10 fix or Win 7 fix ?

I'm asking because I'm not home and can't try both methods myself and will have to explain in layman terms to a relative of mine who is not knowledgeable in computers. Thanks *Smile

:)

Bancai, Mar 18, 2018

2. Windows 7 not working in Windows 10 dual boot system and blue screen appears

Original Title: windows 7 and 10 dual booting

I recently tried to dual boot win7 and win10 to test out win10, i formatted and changed 1 hdd from mbr to gpt, i shrank a partition for win10 (50gb) and installed it without any hiccups, i booted up win10 no problems and the 1st couple of times switching
    to win7 was fine too, but after those 2 times when trying to boot win7my mouse and keyboard became unresponsive, i couldnt login or shutdown or restart without pressing it on my case. I tried disabling the xHCI in the bios, which worked for that 1 time booting
    win7. After that, the only way i could boot win7 and logon was if i disconnected my hdd with win10 on it. So i decided to cut my losses but without being able to logon win7 i used the win10 installation from the boot menu to reformat the hdd with win10 on
    it, now i get the blue screen with error code 0xc0000225 on it, the same as having my hdd with win10 on it disconnected. How can i get rid of this? Basically going back to how things were before the win10 install. I didnt backup any of my drives since they
    were all pretty much full, but the hdd that had win10 on it is completely empty and seperate from win7.

blackflash2099, Mar 18, 2018
  3. 0xc000000e windows 10 cloned on ssd

Hi all,

I've bought a lenovo y520-15IKBN, I want to clone the windows 10 system I had on my previous PC (dell vostro 1520) on my new ssd.

i switched SATA controler mode to AHCI because i couldn't see my ssd on lenovo PC.

I made a clone using Aomei backupper pro of my dell.

I installed it on my hdd using aomei.

booted on my hdd partition, cloned the hdd system on my ssd.

I now get 0xc000000e error on each booting on hdd and ssd.

and bootrec /rebuildbcd doesn't make it !

HELP ME PLEASE !! this is driving me MAD !

AymericJOUON, Mar 18, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

You're sayinb you have a dual boot setup with 2 HDD's?

If that is correct....your dual boot is jacked up due to the 2nd OS MBR is located on the C drive (1st HDD) even though your actual 2nd OS is on the 2nd HDD.

To fix this quickly would be it reattach the 2nd HDD.

There's 2 types of this: 1 is a dual boot where 2 or more OS's are on the same drive. 2nd is a multi boot where each OS is on a separate drive.

To do a multi boot correctly, the 1st HDD has to be removed from the system (or just disconnect the SATA/power cables). Then insert 2nd HDD and then install the OS, check OS for stabiltiy....if all checks out, then power down, reattach cables of 1st HDD and power up. Then at post beep, tap F12 key to get into the boot menu, then choose the HDD you want to boot. Otherwise, by default your 1st HDD will automatically boot up.

Plankton, Mar 18, 2018
  5. Bancai Win User
    I have no way to re-attach the hdd because the hdd with win 10 is now with me on a different continent than the computer that is now faced with the problem. So i have no way of reuniting them and i want to use that pc from time to time through teamviewer. All i want them to do is just press the power button and go on their marry way.

So what's ur best bet? Win 10 fix or win 7 fix?

Bancai, Mar 18, 2018
  6. Plankton Win User
    The HDD in question; the OS is going to have to be reinstalled, a clean install. I don't think there's any software out there that can add the MBR to it to boot the drive. You might try a few freebies out there. If you do it wrong can render the HDD useless.

IMO....I would just do a clean install of the OS and then install all the drivers needed.

Plankton, Mar 18, 2018
  7. Bancai Win User
    Deleted from boot options in msconfig and worked perfectly. Didn't even thought it could be that easy so i never even considered it. Case closed. Easiest way to remove, uninstall Windows 10 from dual boot

How do i set the thread as fixed?

Bancai, Mar 18, 2018
  8. SoFine409 Win User

look at the top corner above your first post and you'll see a button to mark as solved.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Removed win10 hdd from dual boot setup and now I get 0xc000000e error - Similar Threads - Removed win10 hdd

2. I checked accidentally "Use original boot configuration" and now I get Error 0xc000000e at...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I checked accidentally "Use original boot configuration" and now I get Error 0xc000000e at...: Ok, I made a mistake.Trying to fix another simple issue, I selected the Normal startup option in System Configuration and ended up in having the "Use original boot configuration" checked, and at boot....BOOOMM!!! BSOD with infamous error 0xc000000e.Im' pretty sure it is...
  3. Win10 Boot errror 0xc000000e / 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Boot errror 0xc000000e / 0xc000007b: Hi, Completely out of the blue I am getting a bluescreen with the error code mentioned and the error message: “Your Pc / device needs to be repaired”. Enable safety mode is not working either as it changes the error code towards 0xc000007b saying that the “Os” could not be...
  4. Error 0xc000000e when booting from installation USB

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc000000e when booting from installation USB: I'm currently using linux but need windows for school. When I boot from a windows 10 usb, I get a blue error screen saying my pc needs to be repaired and showing error code 0xc000000e. None of the options listed work. My UEFI is configured properly, exactly the same as when I...
  5. I also get error code 0xc000000e on bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I also get error code 0xc000000e on bootup: when I press F11 the blue screen shows with a choice of using Volume 1 or Volume 4. How do I get rid of the wrong volume so there is one volume with win 10 left? I usually choose Volume 1 and it goes to a lock screen and then into win 10 desktop?...
  6. Error code 0xc000000e, unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0xc000000e, unable to boot: I have my Windows installation on SSD. When I am trying to boot to Windows, I get an error code 0xc000000e. When I am trying to boot using USB, I cannot see SSD in the command prompt but I see the hard drive there. I think the issue is caused by SSD that has Windows...
  7. Removing GRUB from a Windows and Ubuntu Dual-boot Setup

Removing GRUB from a Windows and Ubuntu Dual-boot Setup: Hi! I am removing my Ubuntu from a dual-boot laptop PC and I am following this guide to do it: https://itsfoss.com/uninstall-ubuntu-linux-windows-dual-boot/ However, I am skeptical of the sixth step, saying: Step 6: In the command line, type the following command to...
  8. Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10

Setup dual-boot Ubuntu alongside Win10: I've installed Kubuntu on my SSD. I can live boot the USB and see it installed there. However, No matter what I've tried I have not been able to boot the program from my SSD. There is a EFI partition. There is a ubuntu selection available in the boot menu. Selecting it has no...
  9. Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 dual boot: Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before windows 10 load.Now windows 10 is loading first and give me the choice of Os,for that reason if I choose windows xp my laptop...
  10. Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's

Dual boot Win7 and Win10 on seperate HDD's: Hi all, I am sure that this has been asked a thousand times but I am new here so please bear with me. Th problem I have is that I loaded Win 10 on a separate HDD went to dual boot. The computer stared then it carried out a scan disk and happily deleted all the files needed...
Tags: