Windows 10: Removed wrong account

Discus and support Removed wrong account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Guy's, I am running windows 10 pro, I appear to have deleted my admin account on my ASUS laptop, and now when the sign on screen shows it say's my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Marty1, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Marty1 Win User

Removed wrong account

Hi Guy's, I am running windows 10 pro, I appear to have deleted my admin account on my ASUS laptop, and now when the sign on screen shows it say's my sign-in details are not correct when I try to log in, this has got me stumped, any help who be of great help.

Thank you

:)

Marty1, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

Removed wrong account

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Removed wrong account

1. Removed wrong account - Similar Threads - Removed wrong account

2. wrong account at startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong account at startup.: I recently got a new computer with Windows 11. At start up it gave me the option to link to my old computer and migrate the files over. There are several computers on my network and i chose the wrong one. It was the one my office assistant uses and the computer names are very...
  3. wrong email for account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong email for account: Good Evening,My Son has a HP Pavilion Laptop and his log on screen/PIN screen states 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" then i can click on on "Set up my PIN".The problem we have is my son...
  4. Removed wrong device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed wrong device: I accidentally removed the wrong laptop from my Microsoft account and I am locked out due to bitlocker. Is there anyway to unremove the correct laptop so I have access to the code? I only removed it 4 days ago. Thankyou...
  5. Removed wrong device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed wrong device: I accidentally removed the wrong laptop from my Microsoft account and I am locked out due to bitlocker. Is there anyway to unremove the correct laptop so I have access to the code? I only removed it 4 days ago. Thankyou...
  6. Wrong email account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  7. Wrong email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  8. Wrong account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong account: I am logged into microsoft with my work account but I keep getting messages that there are account issues I need to fix. When I click on this it asks me to log into my personal account and there is no option to correct this. How do I fix these non-existent issues? This...
  9. typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email

in Windows 10 Customization
    typo in Microsoft account email, cant remove the account with the wrong email: When setting up my new laptop I made a typo in my email address gmial instead of Gmail, because of that I'm unable to verify it. but however I logged from my right email again, now there are two Microsoft accounts on my laptop and I cant see the remove option in manage...
  10. Removed wrong account

in Windows 10 Support
    Removed wrong account: Hi Guy's, I am running windows 10 pro, I appear to have deleted my admin account on my ASUS laptop, and now when the sign on screen shows it say's my sign-in details are not correct when I try to log in, this has got me stumped, any help who be of great help. Thank you 123449