Windows 10: Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group

Discus and support Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Location: London UKIf I remove my child as a family member at the age of 13 will she lose data? Can I then log her back in with her own account now she... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mark Dawson3, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group

Location: London UKIf I remove my child as a family member at the age of 13 will she lose data? Can I then log her back in with her own account now she is 13 ? If not what happens if upgrading to Windows 11 ?Thanks

:)

Mark Dawson3, Jan 31, 2023

2. Can't remove child from Family group

Sure would be nice if they'd reply to this. I can't believe that there's no way to know who originally granted the consent. I'm having the exact same problem: child was added to my brother's family group two years ago. Trying to add child to my family group now. Brother can't remove child, because he's apparently not the one who originally gave consent, yet he's the only other member of the family group!!

Maxwellllll, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Microsoft Family group.

Usually, when you add a Child account to Family group, the child account will not be able to remove themselves from the Family. Only the Adult account can remove the Child account from the family.

One of the possibilities that I can think of is that the Child account was added as an Adult account by mistake and that could be the reason your Child was able to remove him/her from the Family.

I would suggest you to try adding the Child account once again to the Family Group and see if the Child has an option to quit the Family group. Refer the article

Add members to your family group

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group

1. Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group - Similar Threads - Removing old Child

2. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  3. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  4. child removed from family group

child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  5. child removed from family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group: Location: London UKIf I remove my child as a family member at the age of 13 will she lose data? Can I then log her back in with her own account now she is 13 ? If not what happens if upgrading to Windows 11 ?Thanks...
  7. Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing 13 year old Child from Family Group: Location: London UKIf I remove my child as a family member at the age of 13 will she lose data? Can I then log her back in with her own account now she is 13 ? If not what happens if upgrading to Windows 11 ?Thanks...
  8. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove a child from Family Group: I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-child-from-family-group/4da20d2e-fdfc-4add-8ede-b4b0fc801422
  9. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

Unable to remove a child from Family Group: I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-child-from-family-group/4da20d2e-fdfc-4add-8ede-b4b0fc801422
  10. Can't remove child from Family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove child from Family group: Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent...