Windows 10: Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account

Discus and support Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; How do I remove an old Microsoft user account? I'm using Windows 10. I linked my work account to my personal laptop, but now I've left that company,... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AcuMan-2013, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account

How do I remove an old Microsoft user account? I'm using Windows 10.

I linked my work account to my personal laptop, but now I've left that company, my account has been closed at their end and I can't remember my old password. I've left it sitting on my laptop for several years, but I keep getting a message that there is a problem with the account, so I'd like to remove it. The problem is I can't log in to fix it or remove it.

Moved from: Outlook.com / My Account and information / Close my account

:)

AcuMan-2013, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jan 29, 2020
  3. removing user account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select User accounts.
    • Select Manage other accounts.
    • Double click on the account you want to delete and select
      Delete the account.
    • Follow the instructions and check if it helps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account

How to completely remove all traces of a Microsoft Account from a local User Account

Hi,

To assist you with your concern on removing traces of Microsoft Account on your local account, you may do the following steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Select Manage User Accounts - here you can delete the traces of the Microsoft Account.

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account

1. Removing a cancelled Microsoft user account - Similar Threads - Removing cancelled Microsoft

2. Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Business/School account removal with no account on the User Accounts but wont...: Yep well you do wonder when it just takes forever if its worth doing but your ocd wants the laptop clean soooo.... As per the subject there is only the one account on my machine but in the settings under Accounts there are two. The first is the one that I am using and am...
  3. Remove user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove user account: How do I remove an account without the being an administrator I accidentally created a child account and gave them administrator privileges and removed mine. Every thing I've tried or been assisted in requires administrative command privileges. What do I do?...
  4. Cancelled my user account by mistake.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cancelled my user account by mistake.: Hello, My computer is running Windows 10 version 1903 (OS Build 18363.356) In my haste in trying to get rid of the annoying sign-in requirement, I ended up cancelling my wdagutility account. As a result, the computer signs in without the need of a password to the local...
  5. Removing User Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing User Accounts: I have an old laptop I'd like to give to a family member, which has one user account mine. If I create another administrator account for my son, then log in with the new account and delete my own, will the deletion of my data on the laptop delete files currently...
  6. Remove User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove User accounts: I have two user accounts I would like to delete-- Administrator and guest. When I go through the process in setting etc. these accounts do not show up. So I can not delete them. There must be another way to do this. Bottom line is I can add accounts but there is not a easy...
  7. Remove user account

Remove user account: [ATTACH]I have accidentally added my own email to a new account and now I can't get rid of it, even though it's disabled. PS.: I have tried Win + R > control userpasswords2 and then removing it, but it doens't show up. ***Modified title from: Control of users***...
  8. Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account

Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account: I recently set up my new laptop. I want to have no password on the user account when I turn it on, but it has set my user account password to my microsoft account password. I've tried settings > accounts > sign-in options > Password, but this tries to change my microsoft...
  9. Remove user account

Remove user account: I have 2 users on my laptop and I want to remove one of them. I've looked it up and it says to go to settings go to the account and press remove, but, there is not a remove button, only block. I went onto my microsoft account and tried to too remove from family and when I do,...
  10. Remove Microsoft Account from User

Remove Microsoft Account from User: Hello! The Microsoft Account linked to my laptop (the one I created when I first logged into my laptop when it was brand new) got hacked. I tried multiple times but I cannot retrieve my account. I have created another one, of course, with no issues. But the big problem is I...