Windows 10: Removing a Family User No remove button

Discus and support Removing a Family User No remove button in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello. I have looked all over for a solution and I cant seem to find one anywhere. I am trying to remove a family user from my windows 10 laptop. It is... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LiamH2, Dec 16, 2019.

1. LiamH2 Win User

Removing a Family User No remove button

Hello. I have looked all over for a solution and I cant seem to find one anywhere. I am trying to remove a family user from my windows 10 laptop. It is NOT an admin account.

I have clicked 'manage family settings online' and removed them from there, and the restarted my laptop and yet the account is still there able to log in.

When I click their name on the 'Family and other users' section two options come up. Change account type and block. There is no option to remove or delete as I have seen in some example pictures.

If anyone could help me delete this unused user that I really no longer want on my laptop, along with its files I would be very grateful. Also does anyone know why it is so difficult to delete a user, as I remember it used to be as simple as clicking a button to delete.

:)

LiamH2, Dec 16, 2019

2. remove from family

Hi Marjoleineke,

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove/re-add his user account from the family safety and check.

https://account.microsoft.com/family/?refd=windows.microsoft.com#/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Family Account Not Removing.

Hi Saksham,

I am sorry to know that you are unable to remove the Family account.

You need to remove it from the website and then from the computer if you do not want to see it on the log in screen.

To remove the account refer the steps below.

Sign in at
    account.microsoft.com/family
    . Remove or turn off the account.

On a PC, refer the steps below.

• Press Window key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on User accounts.
    • Click on Manage another account and then select the user account that you want to delete.
    • Click on “delete the account”.
    • Depending on whether you want to “Keep the files” or “Delete the files” choose the appropriate option.
    • You can delete the other accounts similarly.
    Note: Once deleted, the user accounts cannot be recovered. Make sure you back up any data if required.

Restart the computer and check.

• Try to open User Accounts and check how many accounts are there.

• Open Run (type run in Search or press Windows Logo Key+X. Click on Run). Type netplwiz and Click OK.
    For reference:

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Removing a Family User No remove button

Remove myself from the Family safety

Hello Billy,

I understand that you are trying to remove yourself from the Family safety settings in Windows. We will help you.

Note: You cannot remove yourself from a family if you are the only adult and there are still child accounts still in the family.
    If you want to remove yourself, you'll need to add another adult first, or remove all the child accounts first.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows.

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Keep us posted if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Removing a Family User No remove button

1. Removing a Family User No remove button - Similar Threads - Removing Family User

2. Family Safety Removal

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety Removal: Hello there. I need help with this Family Safety. I am having issues with the software:1. Connection issues with my WiFi network, I can’t connect to my WiFi. It works with hotspots and public networks but not the one at home. I even called the internet provider and we still...
  3. Family Safety Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety Removal: Hello there. I need help with this Family Safety. I am having issues with the software:1. Connection issues with my WiFi network, I can’t connect to my WiFi. It works with hotspots and public networks but not the one at home. I even called the internet provider and we still...
  4. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  5. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users: 1. My log-in screen shows two accounts show.2. Both of these accounts are me—no other person has access to my computer.3. I select my administrator account and log in.4. I look up ‘Your Info’ in Settings.5. My account saying ‘Administrator’ appears.6. When I look into ‘Family...
  6. Removal of family member form 'Family and Other Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Family Safety remove

Family Safety remove: Use Services to Remove most of app Restrictions and Lockdown. Web, I dont know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-safety-remove/338a7448-0006-43e7-8c9c-b48cb61753b2
  8. Removing a family member

Removing a family member: I am following the steps to remove a family member but there is no option to remove. My husband and I had separate accounts and I need to merge them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-family-member/4f18adcc-3ce4-405e-bb25-554c70af8b83
  9. family link remove

family link remove: i am ben horn and want to remove my family link from a adnoid phone my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** my account is with verizion my # is 9037203968 she is not under age she is 62 yrs. thanks...
  10. Removing Demo Mode (no 'remove' button)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Removing Demo Mode (no 'remove' button): Ok so I recently started working at a Pawnshop and decided to try out Retail Demo Mode on Two of our computers for sale. After installing they both started to get stuck in a restart loop where it'd log in and restart randomly after being logged in for 30 seconds or so. I was...