Windows 10: Removing a Hidden Language

Discus and support Removing a Hidden Language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Windows 10, I am unable to remove the DutchNetherlands language from the language preferences tab in the taskbar. I have enabled both English UK and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZegerV, Dec 3, 2020.

1. ZegerV Win User

Removing a Hidden Language

On Windows 10, I am unable to remove the DutchNetherlands language from the language preferences tab in the taskbar. I have enabled both English UK and English US and have deleted DutchNL language through Settings. The language does not show in the "Preferred Languages" section Removing a Hidden Language 1e49862c-05f8-4d61-b67d-bfc9059cf607?upload=true.png

and does not show up when the command "Get-WinUserLanguageList" is entered in the WIndows Powershell Removing a Hidden Language 8e8c4367-729a-4dce-84d1-09258d59ce16?upload=true.png

However, whenever I restart my PC the language changes back to DutchNL Removing a Hidden Language 57d14e86-7686-41aa-a9e7-7ce42fc651ef?upload=true.png

Is there a way to completely get rid of this language or am I stuck with it unless I do a fresh windows install?

:)

ZegerV, Dec 3, 2020

2. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    ?remove language from language list in language indicator

Hi Mahamedsamy,

Follow the steps below and check if you are able to remove language.

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language.
    • Select a language and click on Remove.
    Do let us know the status. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 3, 2020
  4. Removing a Hidden Language

Removing Language

If you add a secondary language to Windows 10 version 1803 that shares the same base language as the Windows display language, neither language can be removed.

For example: If English (United Kingdom) is the current Windows display language, and you then add English (India) to the Preferred languages list, afterwards neither English (United Kingdom) nor English (India) can be removed from the Preferred languages list.

Note: The most notable effect of having multiple related languages in the Preferred languages list is additional entries in the text input selector. You can remove unwanted language list entries using these steps:

1. From the Start menu, search for powershell.

2. Right-click Windows Powershell in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

3. Type or copy/paste the following command at the command prompt, and then press Enter.

Get-WinUserLanguageList

After typing this command, make note of the “LanguageTag” listed for the language you wish to remove, as you will need it in the next step.

4. Type or copy/paste each of the following commands at the command prompt, and then press Enter. In the following commands, instead of typing <languagecode>, replace it with the language tag you wish to remove, such as en-in for English (India).

$LangList = Get-WinUserLanguageList

$MarkedLang = $LangList | where LanguageTag -eq "<languagecode>"

$LangList.Remove($MarkedLang)

Set-WinUserLanguageList $LangList -Force

Andre Da Costa, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Removing a Hidden Language

1. Removing a Hidden Language - Similar Threads - Removing Hidden Language

2. Language bar will not stay hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language bar will not stay hidden: I'm using Windows 10Everytime I restart my computer, the language bar icon will show up on the taskbar. Then i'll go to the advanced settings, turn it off, and as soon as I restart again, it's back again. I can't find a way to keep it hidden or to delete the second language I...
  3. Language bar will not stay hidden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language bar will not stay hidden: I'm using Windows 10Everytime I restart my computer, the language bar icon will show up on the taskbar. Then i'll go to the advanced settings, turn it off, and as soon as I restart again, it's back again. I can't find a way to keep it hidden or to delete the second language I...
  4. Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...: Hi, I have a repeated language Figure 1 that is not even installed in my Preferred Languages List Figure 2. I do not know how to remove this. I have tried several solutions from other questions that do not work at all. Figure 1. W + Space Language Keyboard Layout MenuSpanish...
  5. Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...

Repeated, multiple, hidden languages that cannot be removed from the Language Keyboard...: Hi, I have a repeated language Figure 1 that is not even installed in my Preferred Languages List Figure 2. I do not know how to remove this. I have tried several solutions from other questions that do not work at all. Figure 1. W + Space Language Keyboard Layout MenuSpanish...
  6. Hidden keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden keyboard language: I use W10 64bit. When I use the keyboard, I see three different keyboard layouts, i.e. three different languages. I want do delete one of them. However, when I open settings/time and language/language all I see is only 2 layouts. The one that I wish to delete is not shown....
  7. Hidden keyboard language

Hidden keyboard language: I use W10 64bit. When I use the keyboard, I see three different keyboard layouts, i.e. three different languages. I want do delete one of them. However, when I open settings/time and language/language all I see is only 2 layouts. The one that I wish to delete is not shown....
  8. hidden language in preferred languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hidden language in preferred languages: so I have trouble removing Arabic 102 Algeria help I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthandDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthand sfc /scannowand the system doesnt recognize it...
  9. hidden language in preferred languages

hidden language in preferred languages: so I have trouble removing Arabic 102 Algeria help I tried DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanhealthandDISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthand sfc /scannowand the system doesnt recognize it...
  10. Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows added hidden languages by itself, that I can't remove: For some reason, after updating Windows, I now have 4 languages for the keyboard instead of 2. When I click on the "ENG" I see this: [ATTACH] I use only Hebrew and English (US) . When choosing "Language preferences", I see this: [ATTACH] Why does it occur? How can I...