Windows 10: Removing a Language option from Keyboard

Discus and support Removing a Language option from Keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to remove 2 language options from my keyboard and I can't seem to do it. I already went to settings, Time & Langauge, Language to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcLKMS, Jun 16, 2020.

1. MarcLKMS Win User

Removing a Language option from Keyboard

Hi,

I am trying to remove 2 language options from my keyboard and I can't seem to do it.

I already went to settings, Time & Langauge, Language to remove the language option, but I don't see it as an option.

The language I am trying to remove is Afrikaans and Slovak.

Cam anyone help?

Removing a Language option from Keyboard ddceae7a-a454-4bd6-8ace-f6bd44ef4853?upload=true.png Removing a Language option from Keyboard ec44ae74-2afb-4fb6-841e-c5fd5e8d2619?upload=true.png

:)

MarcLKMS, Jun 16, 2020

2. Remove language from the keyboard

Hi,

I follow all the steps listed here. However, the "Remove" button is not active

How can I activate the button?

Step 1: System
    Settings window.

1. Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    2. Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    3. Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

גדיאלוני, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Removing a Language option from Keyboard

Language/Keyboard default

Hi Sandra,

You can try these steps to set up your preferred defaults:

• Go to Settings and click Time & Language.
    • Click Region & Language.
    • Click on your default system language then, click Options.
    • Click Add a keyboard then choose your preferred keyboard language.
    • Remove the other keyboard language by choosing it then click Remove.

Tell us if this works.

Katrina Men, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Removing a Language option from Keyboard

1. Removing a Language option from Keyboard - Similar Threads - Removing Language option

2. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely: HI,I have two languages set up on my environment: French and English.My problem is that I only want English keyboard layouts. But I want the French language to remain because I use it for text-to-speech.When I click on the keyboard layout selector, this is what I see:I want...
  3. How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove a language from the keyboard switcher without removing the language entirely: HI,I have two languages set up on my environment: French and English.My problem is that I only want English keyboard layouts. But I want the French language to remain because I use it for text-to-speech.When I click on the keyboard layout selector, this is what I see:I want...
  4. Remove Language from Input options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Language from Input options: Hello, I wonder how to insert title here on W10. When I was setting up my system on new laptop I wasn't sure what keyboard to add for programming us or gb variant of english that I was used to, so I added both in addition to my mothers tongue.When going to Settings > Time and...
  5. Remove Language from Input options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Language from Input options: Hello, I wonder how to insert title here on W10. When I was setting up my system on new laptop I wasn't sure what keyboard to add for programming us or gb variant of english that I was used to, so I added both in addition to my mothers tongue.When going to Settings > Time and...
  6. Remove keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove keyboard language: I want to remove English Azerbaijani from my keyboard layout, but I don't know where to remove it and in setting, there are no box to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-keyboard-language/61974236-8f7d-4adb-8792-8733841c426a
  7. Remove keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove keyboard language: I want to remove English Azerbaijani from my keyboard layout, but I don't know where to remove it and in setting, there are no box to remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-keyboard-language/61974236-8f7d-4adb-8792-8733841c426a
  8. Removing a language from keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing a language from keyboard: [img] I got my new laptop and accidentally added an English-German keyboard on setup. How do I remove it? Thanks 148964
  9. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: How can one remove a language keyboard? The MS instructions online are from 2016 and don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-language-keyboard/824f449a-3307-445b-a6b0-130890614f5f
  10. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: Hey, would love to remove a language keyboard from my computer, currently on my language settings only english appears, but I have two keyboard layouts, one for english and the unwanted keyboard is "Afrikan," now I have no idea how it appeared but it's there. I tried to...