Windows 10: removing a local user account

Discus and support removing a local user account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have opened a local user account in Windows 10. I want to delete. How?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NatvarlalTrivedi, Sep 22, 2022.

1. removing a local user account

I have opened a local user account in Windows 10. I want to delete. How?

:)

NatvarlalTrivedi, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 22, 2022
  3. How to completely remove all traces of a Microsoft Account from a local User Account

Hi,

To assist you with your concern on removing traces of Microsoft Account on your local account, you may do the following steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select User Accounts.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Select Manage User Accounts - here you can delete the traces of the Microsoft Account.

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Try3 Win User

removing a local user account

Can't remove local account

Since Pete Crane is the name you have registered for your gmail.com account, I think the problem is to do with that type of account and not a local account.

I suggest you go back to your initial post at the top of the page, click on the Edit post control you will see underneath it then change the title Can't remove local account to something like GMail user account listed twice on login screen.

That change of title will attract the attention of those who understand online accounts. I never use them so I cannot help.

Denis

Thema:

removing a local user account

1. removing a local user account - Similar Threads - removing local user

2. Local account user denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local account user denied: Please, I am trying to run programs on my laptop , windows 11. But acess is denied with the * yes* button disappearing. I have tried all means but with safe mode prompt command but the * yes* button does not appear. Please help me out...
  3. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  4. Local user account disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local user account disappeared: There is no option to sign into a local account I had created on windows 10 on my laptop. It does not give me the option to log in nor switch to the account though it can still be viewed in my settings. I was on it but then when I locked the account and tried to get back on...
  5. Local User Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Local User Account: Hi, I have a problem that I cant delete my other local user account, already perform Setting > Account > Family and other user > remove account But still the user appear, appreciate for the help, thanks...
  6. Removing local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Removing local account: When I start my windows, I am having two options to sign in, one local account and one Microsoft Hotmail account. When I went to the settings/account to remove the local account I am not able to find it. Am I missing something or is there any other way to remove the local...
  7. local user account

local user account: how do I access the one that I created https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-user-account/ee6a2922-2dfb-4e0b-9944-70cfa2a5be8d
  8. Local user accounts no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Local user accounts no internet: Hello, Recently after a Windows Update restart, my local user account loses internet until I sign in once to an administrator account. This problem persisted everytime I restart the computer. Anyone experiencing the same issue? Does anyone know the fix to this please?...
  9. Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account

Can't remove email/Microsoft account attached to Local User Account: At some point one of my siblings logged onto their Microsoft account from my PC, and for some reason it attached their email to my local user account instead of my actual email. https://i.imgur.com/6ES1gy0.png Now I can't remove their email and I can't make mine the primary...
  10. Local User Account and OneDrive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local User Account and OneDrive: From what I have read, in order to use OneDrive (integrated in the OS, not the web browser), you have to use a MSA account to login to the computer in order to use OneDrive. Is there a way to use a Local user account, while still using OneDrive without using a web browser?...