Windows 10: Removing a Microsoft account without the password

Discus and support Removing a Microsoft account without the password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I set up a Microsoft account when I first had my computer built - but because I don't actually use that email - I forgot the password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ReinaD, Mar 18, 2020.

1. ReinaD Win User

Removing a Microsoft account without the password

Hi everyone,

I set up a Microsoft account when I first had my computer built - but because I don't actually use that email - I forgot the password. I've been through the form to have it reset twice, but because I've never actually emailed from it or used it apart from downloading a couple of free apps, each time it comes back saying I haven't provided enough information and asks me to try again.

I tried contacting support through the little chat assistant but when I clicked to talk to a reason person the chat stopped.

I've set up a new Microsoft account and wrote the password down! However my computer is still saying I have a problem with my account and wanting to sign into the original account I set up. How can I remove this account without the password? Or is there another way I can contact support to get it reset or deleted entirely?

Looking forward to some feedback!

Cheers

:)

ReinaD, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Isha Soni Win User
    Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Removing a Microsoft account without the password

Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

Outlook help & learning - Office Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Removing a Microsoft account without the password

1. Removing a Microsoft account without the password - Similar Threads - Removing Microsoft account

2. how to remove a hidden admin account without the password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a hidden admin account without the password: My ex husband has a hidden admin account in my computer and hes blocking me from everything I need to remove his account, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-hidden-admin-account-without-the/ddd5cf8e-d318-4efa-9ff9-de5b9fc0bd65
  3. how to remove a hidden admin account without the password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove a hidden admin account without the password: My ex husband has a hidden admin account in my computer and hes blocking me from everything I need to remove his account, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-a-hidden-admin-account-without-the/ddd5cf8e-d318-4efa-9ff9-de5b9fc0bd65
  4. Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account: Heya,Today I accidently logged my Microsoft account to my PC. It's the account my Minecraft account is connected to. Now I have to remove the Microsoft account again, but I'm worried that if I delete it I might lose my Minecraft account.Is there any way to remove a Microsoft...
  5. Remove Admin account without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Admin account without password: Hi,My previous employee set up a admin account without my knowledge on a laptop. He has passed away and I can't make any changes to the computer without the password. Is there a way in windows 10 to remove the account or start fresh? I don't have an installation disc for...
  6. Remove Admin account without password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Admin account without password: Hi,My previous employee set up a admin account without my knowledge on a laptop. He has passed away and I can't make any changes to the computer without the password. Is there a way in windows 10 to remove the account or start fresh? I don't have an installation disc for...
  7. Remove Admin account without password

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Log in to Windows with Microsoft account without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log in to Windows with Microsoft account without password: I have a local user account as well as a Microsoft account on my computer, and it seems to log into the local account first and find that the password is wrong, before asking me to log into my Microsoft account.... but, I have been to Run>netplwiz and unticked users to this...
  9. Removing a MS account without password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a MS account without password: I had a school account and a normal personal use account. Only the school account got removed i think and it gives me a notification everytime i start windows 10 that my work or school account has problems. Only thing is, if i want to remove the account to not get the message...
  10. Microsoft account without password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account without password: First of all, sorry for bad english I was wondering if it is possible to have a microsoft account on pc and make it so it doesn't require password to login or do anything with admin privlages? I know that it poses a risk to privacy, and it is not a good practise to have...