Windows 10: Removing a OS from boot menu?

Discus and support Removing a OS from boot menu? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i got a new hard drive and installed it few days ago and when i boot up, it asks me every time, which OS i want to boot up. This gets annoying since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kradnam, Jan 29, 2016.

1. kradnam Win User

Removing a OS from boot menu?

So i got a new hard drive and installed it few days ago and when i boot up, it asks me every time, which OS i want to boot up. This gets annoying since I only have 1 and I can't find the boot.ini anywhere and websites don't specify how to remove an OS from the boot up screen.
    tia

:)

kradnam, Jan 29, 2016

2. Removing boot sector after mirroring OS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue that you are facing is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It would be more appropriate to redirect your query to the IT Professionals on TechNet Forums who are well equipped
    with the knowledge on this issues.

You can click on the link below to post your query in technet forum.

Technet forums

I hope this will provide you the assistance that you require. Please feel free to contact Microsoft Community for Windows related queries

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 29, 2016
  3. lludiker Win User
    Removing boot sector after mirroring OS

Can I remove the boot sector on my old hard drive without reformatting it? I installed a new solid state drive and mirror my OS to it. Now I can't leave both drives installed or it will boot to the original drive.

Boot sector on old hard drive- Original Title

lludiker, Jan 29, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Win + R key to bring up run dialog. Type msconfig, click OK. Select the boot tab. Set your options there. Set timeout to 0 to bypass all choices on booting.

Removing a OS from boot menu? [​IMG]

You can also delete unwanted operating systems by highlighting them and click delete.

NavyLCDR, Jan 29, 2016
  5. kradnam Win User
    I been searching all damn day for a solution and not a damn thing till now, thanks much.

kradnam, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing a OS from boot menu? - Similar Threads - Removing boot menu

2. remove Phone from Settings menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove Phone from Settings menu: Is there a way to remove the Phone menu item from Windows settings? I do not own an Android or Windows cell phone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-phone-from-settings-menu/fc220f85-ba3e-4e09-9d0b-5ec5eff75218
  3. Remove an item from Windows menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an item from Windows menu: Hello, Uninstalled "Mixedreality" (do not need it), restarted pc, but in the menu there is still this "Mixed Reality Portal" item. How to remove it, please. Answers will be appreciated. Thanks. 132772
  4. Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd: I have cloned my ssd to hdd using macrium and used easybcd for dual booting.but now i only want to boot from hdd and remove windows os from ssd.what should i do?...
  5. Removing apps from the Start Menu

Removing apps from the Start Menu: There are a number of Apps on my Start Menu that I cannot use. I would like to remove them from the start menu to reduce clutter. I was able to remove OneDrive but none of the others, I'm not asking how to uninstall them because I know Microsoft would NEVER allow that....
  6. Remove uninstalled programs from Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove uninstalled programs from Menu: Hi first post. I installed ImageGlass a while back and realized it was useless after I got Windows Photo Viewer to work via regedit. So then, i uninstalled ImageGlass and went on to use Window Photo Viewer. When I try to set Windows Photo Viewer as my default Photos app, not...
  7. Remove from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  8. How to remove entries from current boot menu

How to remove entries from current boot menu: I have the following entries in my system start up: Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows 7 How do I remove the last two entries so startup just shows one Windows 10 only or just boots right into Windows 10 without a start screen ? Thanks....TiminAz 36496
  9. No boot from menu

No boot from menu: Hello, I'm on Windows 10 32bit and have made a bootable usb Windows 10 64bit using 'Windows 10 media creation tool. My mother board (ms-7788) originally came with Windows 7 and its own bios. I now can't access the original bios and the uefi gives me no boot from option....
  10. Can't remove orphaned OS from msconfig, still shows Selective Boot

Can't remove orphaned OS from msconfig, still shows Selective Boot: This morning, I turned on my laptop and noticed it hung on the black screen for too long. I pressed the enter key, and the login screen finally popped up. Thinking it was a temporary issue, I rebooted it to check it out. Alas, I have to keep pressing the enter key whenever...