Windows 10: Removing a OS from boot menu?

Discus and support Removing a OS from boot menu? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So i got a new hard drive and installed it few days ago and when i boot up, it asks me every time, which OS i want to boot up. This gets annoying since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kradnam, Jan 29, 2016.

1. kradnam Win User

Removing a OS from boot menu?

So i got a new hard drive and installed it few days ago and when i boot up, it asks me every time, which OS i want to boot up. This gets annoying since I only have 1 and I can't find the boot.ini anywhere and websites don't specify how to remove an OS from the boot up screen.
    tia

:)

kradnam, Jan 29, 2016

2. Removing boot sector after mirroring OS

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The issue that you are facing is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It would be more appropriate to redirect your query to the IT Professionals on TechNet Forums who are well equipped
    with the knowledge on this issues.

You can click on the link below to post your query in technet forum.

Technet forums

I hope this will provide you the assistance that you require. Please feel free to contact Microsoft Community for Windows related queries

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 29, 2016
  3. lludiker Win User
    Removing boot sector after mirroring OS

Can I remove the boot sector on my old hard drive without reformatting it? I installed a new solid state drive and mirror my OS to it. Now I can't leave both drives installed or it will boot to the original drive.

Boot sector on old hard drive- Original Title

lludiker, Jan 29, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Win + R key to bring up run dialog. Type msconfig, click OK. Select the boot tab. Set your options there. Set timeout to 0 to bypass all choices on booting.

Removing a OS from boot menu? [​IMG]

You can also delete unwanted operating systems by highlighting them and click delete.

NavyLCDR, Jan 29, 2016
  5. kradnam Win User
    I been searching all damn day for a solution and not a damn thing till now, thanks much.

kradnam, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing a OS from boot menu? - Similar Threads - Removing boot menu

2. Newly installed OS Windows 10 is not booting after removing old OS disk from the PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly installed OS Windows 10 is not booting after removing old OS disk from the PC: Windows was installed in SSD, I bought a new NVME and installed fresh windows.After this I plugged the SSD and created a dual boot menu. Now when I am unplugging the SSD, the new OS is not booting and getting error as attached.How can I boot to new OS after removing the SSD...
  3. Newly installed OS Windows 10 is not booting after removing old OS disk from the PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Newly installed OS Windows 10 is not booting after removing old OS disk from the PC: Windows was installed in SSD, I bought a new NVME and installed fresh windows.After this I plugged the SSD and created a dual boot menu. Now when I am unplugging the SSD, the new OS is not booting and getting error as attached.How can I boot to new OS after removing the SSD...
  4. Add new OS to boot menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Add new OS to boot menu: Hey all, I'm trying to add a cloned SSD with an existing Win10 OS on it to a new Lenovo Ideacentre workstation . The Lenovo has an M.2 drive (GPT) where the system partition/ boot menu resides as well as its own OS. The cloned SSD drive is MBR but I have been able to get...
  5. Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remix OS Remove from dual boot the EASY WAY: If you don't like Remix OS or/and have uninstalled this but still find remix os on dual boot DO THIS. I didn't like remix os so I uninstalled it but I still found it on my dual boot page when I turned on my computer. Enough intro let's get started. First If you...
  6. Need help removing Linux options from UEFI boot menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help removing Linux options from UEFI boot menu: I recently dual-booted ubuntu with Windows 10 . After messing around with Ubuntu, I booted back into Windows 10 and deleted the Ubuntu partition and they were converted back to free space. Upon reboot, I got into a black screen with Grub > command line. Luckily , I was able...
  7. Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd

Removing windows os from SSD and boot from hdd: I have cloned my ssd to hdd using macrium and used easybcd for dual booting.but now i only want to boot from hdd and remove windows os from ssd.what should i do?...
  8. Remove from context menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  9. How to remove entries from current boot menu

How to remove entries from current boot menu: I have the following entries in my system start up: Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows 7 How do I remove the last two entries so startup just shows one Windows 10 only or just boots right into Windows 10 without a start screen ? Thanks....TiminAz 36496
  10. No boot from menu

No boot from menu: Hello, I'm on Windows 10 32bit and have made a bootable usb Windows 10 64bit using 'Windows 10 media creation tool. My mother board (ms-7788) originally came with Windows 7 and its own bios. I now can't access the original bios and the uefi gives me no boot from option....