Windows 10: removing a PUP called Driver Reviver

Discus and support removing a PUP called Driver Reviver in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello to the forum - first post. have tried all the usual methods of removing a PUP called Driver Reviver - Revo Uninstaller Adw Cleaner - uninstall... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rigsby1938, Jan 26, 2016.

1. removing a PUP called Driver Reviver

Hello to the forum - first post.

have tried all the usual methods of removing a PUP called Driver Reviver - Revo Uninstaller Adw Cleaner - uninstall from control panel etc etc. waste of time - anybody had this problem. Would be glad of any help/advice.

:)

rigsby1938, Jan 26, 2016

2. Out of date drivers

Um, remove driver reviver.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 26, 2016
  3. What is driver revisor and is it safe to use ?

QUOTE from
    PCWorld.com article: Driver Reviver Can Help Get Drivers Working--But Is It the Best Solution?

"Driver Reviver attempts to make it easier to find and install updates for old drivers and software, but the just-released software ($30 for a one-year license, free feature-limited demo) currently makes the wrong call for a

number of programs."

Driver Update utilities are just as bad as registry cleaners. Many are junk programs often
    bundled with other software you download and considered
    Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs)

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 26, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

removing a PUP called Driver Reviver

Have you tried Hitman Pro?

dencal, Jan 26, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    Another candidate would be Malwarebytes which is good at handling PUPs.

swarfega, Jan 26, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    I'm afraid you are on your own on this one - but AFTER you've fixed it always take a backup image of a CLEAN system - then if this sort of nonsense gets on to your system again simply restore a clean image --job done.

Note - always keep OS and applications on its own partition or small SSD - that's the one you need to image. There's probably a small system reserved partition too - that needs to be included in the Image.

Use a program like Acronis / Macrium / paragon etc.

This will help you BIG time in future. Sorry I can't help with your original problem but this advice will make it easy to fix if it happens again or your machine becomes otherwise infected etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jan 26, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Jan 26, 2016
  8. z3r010 Win User

What is being left over when you try to uninstall it normally?

z3r010, Jan 26, 2016
  9. Thanx for your response - problem is nothing is 'left' because nothing will 'go' - the entire thing leaps up every time I boot up and nothing will move it - it does not even appear on Revo uninstaller and all the other stuff like Geek uninstaller and Malware bytes appear to be powerless - like me!!

Answer: a clean re-install maybe?

rigsby1938, Jan 26, 2016
  10. Thanx for the response z3r010- Everything is left - nothing is uninstalled - whatever I use - does not even appear on Revo uninstaller!

rigsby1938, Jan 26, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Hi there. If it won't uninstall using the usual methods, you might want to first run RKILL, then TDSSKiller, then Malwarebytes Antimalware *with* the box ticked in settings for Rootkits, and finally SuperAntiSpyware. All are free. Please remember that anything RKILL does is undone by a reboot, so it may need to be run again in-between the other scans.

simrick, Jan 26, 2016
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Look in task manager first, find it's task and kill it, then look in in Services and see if it has one, then disable it it, then try uninstalling/force uninstalling.

Cliff S, Jan 26, 2016
  13. torre Win User

Have you tried a System Restore ?

torre, Jan 27, 2016
  14. Hitman Pro gets most of these. If worst comes to worst investigate RogueKiller and/or ComboFix. Be careful with the last two, they're pretty aggressive

wreckwriter, Jan 27, 2016
  15. simrick Win User
    Just FYI: Combofix does not work on W10.

simrick, Jan 27, 2016
Thema:

1. removing a PUP called Driver Reviver - Similar Threads - removing PUP called

2. Program Driver Reviver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program Driver Reviver: Is the program Driver Reviver a product of or recommended by Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-driver-reviver/9ec7dc30-f639-4a91-b5a9-b38f41f6e24c
  3. pup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pup: how do i remove PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pup/0f204772-95d8-429d-a40f-d1e3cd67c85b
  4. Is driver reviver a good driver updater or is it a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is driver reviver a good driver updater or is it a virus ?: Is DriverReviver a good driver updater or is it a scam or virus submitted by /u/SLOV3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik5hlh/is_driver_reviver_a_good_driver_updater_or_is_it/
  5. Win10 version 2004 : PUP removal.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 version 2004 : PUP removal.: Win10 version 2004 : computer has only C drive as seen in "ThisPc" i find two PUP installed 1. Win32/CadyOpen containerfile: E:\mitra2\Downloads\uTorrent.exe and 2. UTorrent file: E:\mitra2\Downloads\BitTorrent.exe Defender. Malwarebytes ,CCleaner, Spyhunter And many...
  6. Driver Reviver

Driver Reviver: Is the DriverReviver app a virus? It keeps popping up on my computer & I can’t clear it ! I get pop up messages from DriverReviver that I have “out of date drivers found”. It looked like the message came from Mucrosoft or Windows so I clicked on the “free” Update All, but...
  7. PUP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PUP: Hi everybody, I have seemed to have picked a potentially unwanted program. I keep getting redirected to a bing page once I have typed a search query in Google. Currently my McAfee suite is picking anything up. Malwarebytes was mentioned when I searched for some answers as...
  8. PUPs deiected. What are PUPs?

PUPs deiected. What are PUPs?: Split from this thread. When i delete my corrupted files is it normal when it said pups?And What is PUPS what are they?and thank for the link i have the same issues....
  9. PUPs

PUPs: How do you set Windows 10 to block PUPs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pups/4a7c74c9-9590-4a41-a94a-f237d686d00a
  10. Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's

Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's: Finding IE 11 somewhat sluggish, I ran the Adwcleaner. It found 6 pup's, but when I clicked on clean, it stalled and I had to use the task manager to stop the process. see attached [img] [img] AdwCleaner[S16].txtfiles. 94814

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not find unistall on driver reviver iyis not on program