Windows 10: removing a PUP called Driver Reviver

Discus and support removing a PUP called Driver Reviver in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Download the trial version of Revo Pro uninstaller. it has a 30 day free trial. Use it to remove the Driver Reviver before you try anything else.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rigsby1938, Jan 26, 2016.

1. removing a PUP called Driver Reviver

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 27, 2016

2. OK, thanks. Didn't know that.

wreckwriter, Jan 27, 2016
  3. While it's moot, because @simrick is correct about Combofix and Win10 (and Win 8.1), for anyone who might casually read this thread:

Combofix
    is a powerful tool designed ONLY for use with proper training or with expert guidance of someone trained to use it.
    Running it without either training or expert help can cause serious damage to one's system.

Just a thought,

MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 27, 2016
  4. removing a PUP called Driver Reviver

Correct. I also stated to use care with it.

wreckwriter, Jan 27, 2016
  5. Thanks to all for help and input - sadly still struggling with Driver Reviver

rigsby1938, Jan 27, 2016
  6. Have you tried to use Revo uninstaller ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, Jan 27, 2016
  7. dencal Win User
    The following attachment is taken from the ReviverSoft website who provide the program....how to uninstall corrupt Driver Reviver.
    Hope this does the trick.

dencal, Jan 27, 2016
  8. removing a PUP called Driver Reviver

Some PUPs can be hard to fully remove and others can respawn from Google sync, etc.
    Moreover, malware removal in general can be a tedious process, involving multiple tools and scanners in the proper sequence, and (often) custom scripts.

If @Jacee or one of the other forum members with formal malware training doesn't come along, and you are still fighting this, you might want to head over to one of the several reputable computer disinfection fora, for a bit of free, expert, guided help.

Just a thought,

MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 27, 2016

9. Not wishing to flagellate a deceased equine....

...but I took your warning one step further, advising home PC users not to "be careful with it", but rather not to use Combofix at all, without either training or expert guidance.
    That is the standard recommendation by the tool's author and by the many computer help/disinfection fora.

But it's moot for this thread and this OP, as Combofix is not supported for Win10 or Win8.1, anyway.*Smile

Cheers,*Smile

MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 27, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

removing a PUP called Driver Reviver

1. removing a PUP called Driver Reviver - Similar Threads - removing PUP called

2. Program Driver Reviver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program Driver Reviver: Is the program Driver Reviver a product of or recommended by Microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-driver-reviver/9ec7dc30-f639-4a91-b5a9-b38f41f6e24c
  3. pup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pup: how do i remove PUP.Optional.AdvancedSystemCare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pup/0f204772-95d8-429d-a40f-d1e3cd67c85b
  4. Is driver reviver a good driver updater or is it a virus ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is driver reviver a good driver updater or is it a virus ?: Is DriverReviver a good driver updater or is it a scam or virus submitted by /u/SLOV3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ik5hlh/is_driver_reviver_a_good_driver_updater_or_is_it/
  5. Win10 version 2004 : PUP removal.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win10 version 2004 : PUP removal.: Win10 version 2004 : computer has only C drive as seen in "ThisPc" i find two PUP installed 1. Win32/CadyOpen containerfile: E:\mitra2\Downloads\uTorrent.exe and 2. UTorrent file: E:\mitra2\Downloads\BitTorrent.exe Defender. Malwarebytes ,CCleaner, Spyhunter And many...
  6. Driver Reviver

Driver Reviver: Is the DriverReviver app a virus? It keeps popping up on my computer & I can’t clear it ! I get pop up messages from DriverReviver that I have “out of date drivers found”. It looked like the message came from Mucrosoft or Windows so I clicked on the “free” Update All, but...
  7. PUP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PUP: Hi everybody, I have seemed to have picked a potentially unwanted program. I keep getting redirected to a bing page once I have typed a search query in Google. Currently my McAfee suite is picking anything up. Malwarebytes was mentioned when I searched for some answers as...
  8. PUPs deiected. What are PUPs?

PUPs deiected. What are PUPs?: Split from this thread. When i delete my corrupted files is it normal when it said pups?And What is PUPS what are they?and thank for the link i have the same issues....
  9. PUPs

PUPs: How do you set Windows 10 to block PUPs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/pups/4a7c74c9-9590-4a41-a94a-f237d686d00a
  10. Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's

Adwcleaner does can not remove PUP's: Finding IE 11 somewhat sluggish, I ran the Adwcleaner. It found 6 pup's, but when I clicked on clean, it stalled and I had to use the task manager to stop the process. see attached [img] [img] AdwCleaner[S16].txtfiles. 94814