Windows 10: removing a site from the allowed list doesn't work

Discus and support removing a site from the allowed list doesn't work in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've tried both the andriod app and windows interface. In the first case instead of saying "remove" it says "unblocked", presumably thinking I'm in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by UTKenB, Oct 25, 2020.

1. UTKenB Win User

removing a site from the allowed list doesn't work

I've tried both the andriod app and windows interface. In the first case instead of saying "remove" it says "unblocked", presumably thinking I'm in the don not allow list.

In the windows browser interface it just takes for ever and then comes back and says try again.

:)

UTKenB, Oct 25, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

removing a site from the allowed list doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 25, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

removing a site from the allowed list doesn't work [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 25, 2020
  4. removing a site from the allowed list doesn't work

Windows Edge still doesn`t work correctly

Hi Graham,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to run the 'Internet Explorer Performance' troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type 'Troubleshooting' in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on the top left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance and follow the on screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

removing a site from the allowed list doesn't work

1. removing a site from the allowed list doesn't work - Similar Threads - removing site allowed

2. Allowed Sites not working on family settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Allowed Sites not working on family settings: I have added youtubekids as an allowed website to my kids profile but I am getting a message in the Edge browser that my child needs permission to use the site. What so I need to do to fix this, it seems really broken.--H...
  3. Why doesn't this site allow sorting by date?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't this site allow sorting by date?: I am trying to find current relevant articles but the only options on any topic I input are All Microsoft support or Microsoft community for sort functions. Dates are all over the place so finding the most current post is time consuming and that means its inefficient and...
  4. Why doesn't this site allow sorting by date?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't this site allow sorting by date?: I am trying to find current relevant articles but the only options on any topic I input are All Microsoft support or Microsoft community for sort functions. Dates are all over the place so finding the most current post is time consuming and that means its inefficient and...
  5. Why doesn't this site allow sorting by date?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Allowed Threats list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allowed Threats list: The allowed threats list shows a bunch of allowed trojan threats. I want to remove them from the list. I press "Don't allow", the UAC prompts, it immediately disappears from the list, but if I re open the list, the next instant, they are all there again. Do you have any...
  7. Bypass of allowed sites

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass of allowed sites: I have Microsoft Family set up to block all sites but those which are on the allow list. This appeared to be working but I have found a .htm file on my child's computer that when launched bypasses this check. The site in question happens to be discord.com. So, if you open a...
  8. Popups allowed for specific sites

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Popups allowed for specific sites: How do I allow popups for specific sites in Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popups-allowed-for-specific-sites/138da6f4-5d65-4ea6-8171-182c4efeae9c
  9. How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access"

How to remove drive from list of allowed apps in "controlled folder access": I recently enabled controlled folder access in the Windows Security app. I was running an executable from a USB (assigned drive letter 'I:') that required access to one of my protected folders, so I allowed it via Windows Security>Virus & threat protection>Manage ransomware...
  10. Remove outlook mail from other site

Remove outlook mail from other site: Hello, I signed up on a gaming site with my outlook mail. But I don't feel safe. So I want to remove my outlook mail from that site. How can I do it? Thanks, Younoch...