Windows 10: Removing a temp file \IXP000

Discus and support Removing a temp file \IXP000 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting notifications ERROR CREATING PROCESS [ATTACH] Can anyone please advise what I will have to do? Many thanks... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lyonfamily, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Removing a temp file \IXP000

I keep getting notifications ERROR CREATING PROCESS

Removing a temp file \IXP000 201e47ab-d402-4a6d-a54f-4ca94e27bff7?upload=true.gif

Can anyone please advise what I will have to do?

Many thanks

:)

Lyonfamily, Aug 22, 2019

2. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 22, 2019
  3. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Removing a temp file \IXP000

remove temp files

Thanks Spirit MS MVP for your reply.

I had tried previously to use the Disk Cleanup utility although I got the

Disk Cleanup Wizard to open by typing the name of the utility program

(Disk Cleanup) directly in to the search bar (Cortana). When asked if I

wanted to clean up system files I didn't get a confirmation dialog box

which suggests that I wasn't logged as an administrator. I posted my

question after I noticed that it didn't seem to change my TEMP file size after

a complete shut down. I logged in and read your reply. After making sure I

was logged in correctly this time I tried your suggestion and shut down

completely. After Restart I noticed that the result was much improved.

results went from 2 GB of TEMP files down to 12 MB with Andre da Costa's

suggestion and from 12MB TEMP files down to 3 MB after trying your

suggestion. I'll try this suggestion again from now on.

I haven't tried the other program that you suggested. CCleaner.

I did note the address that you posted and I'll take a look at it later.

Thanks again.

flapjackhank222, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Removing a temp file \IXP000

1. Removing a temp file \IXP000 - Similar Threads - Removing temp file

2. Unable to remove temp files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove temp files.: I recently tried updating my system to Windows 11 through https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11 and I decided not to, so I forcefully shut it down through the task manager. Now my C: Drive has temp download files taking over 10GB of my space. How can I...
  3. Unable to remove temp files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove temp files.: I recently tried updating my system to Windows 11 through https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11 and I decided not to, so I forcefully shut it down through the task manager. Now my C: Drive has temp download files taking over 10GB of my space. How can I...
  4. Unable to remove temp files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Removing temp files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing temp files: Hi,Disk properties on C:\ shows about 38Gb being populated by temp files. Trying to delete it via disk cleanup as well as accessing the folder via run with %temp% does not clear all files. Is there any way to clear up this space. I had around 50gigs which I always keep free...
  6. Removing temp files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing temp files: Hi,Disk properties on C:\ shows about 38Gb being populated by temp files. Trying to delete it via disk cleanup as well as accessing the folder via run with %temp% does not clear all files. Is there any way to clear up this space. I had around 50gigs which I always keep free...
  7. Removing temp files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Can't remove temp files

Can't remove temp files: I keep running out of memory and my temp files are taking up most of it. I've tried everything and it isn't making any difference. I have 162 GB of temp files on a 223 Gb c: drive I've already done everything that the "help" files indicate and moved everything I could away...
  9. Startup Problem Windows cannot find : C: ........../Temp/IXP000.TMP/temp.exe

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Startup Problem Windows cannot find : C: ........../Temp/IXP000.TMP/temp.exe: [IMG]Every time I start my windows, this error pops up. I don’t know why is this happening and what is the reason behind this. I tried to check the file, but it is not there in the specified location. Please help me get rid of this....
  10. temp file removal

temp file removal: I want to remove 9gb of temp files off the on board harddrive disc clean up wont remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-file-removal/f31fc549-7a72-410b-a833-5bdca9a1c0fe"