Windows 10: removing a user acct

Discus and support removing a user acct in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am giving my old laptop to a grandson. How do I remove my user acct and start one for him?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelBlanc, Jun 27, 2019.

1. removing a user acct

I am giving my old laptop to a grandson. How do I remove my user acct and start one for him?

:)

MichaelBlanc, Jun 27, 2019
  2. Likity Win User

My mispelledmail acct

one of my e mail addresses is misspelled, but is one of those accts that pops up when I go to log in to an e mail acct. How do I remove this misspelled acct from this list of accts that pop up as suggestions when I begin typing in the email acct I want.

and change the spelling

Likity, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    removing a user acct 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Jun 27, 2019
  4. removing a user acct

2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

woodward2000, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

removing a user acct

1. removing a user acct - Similar Threads - removing user acct

2. acct registration

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    acct registration: I need to know who microsoft office acct is regiestered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/acct-registration/a170ddf2-3937-4d6e-b84a-45c1992931f5"
  3. gmail acct

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    gmail acct: cannot access - tried recovery and when verifying I get no message to my recovery email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/gmail-acct/fff40107-ec55-4ff4-931c-ebdb2656925a
  4. query about user accts/bypassing login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    query about user accts/bypassing login: recently tweaked it so that i could bypass login without entering password. mistakenly added "malcolm" and not full name to login screen bypassing...now everytime pc comes on, the first option "malcolm" name appears and it wont login automatically...so i would have to click...
  5. Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them: On my portable I have a local acct (administrator) and a MS acct (not administrator) users. I am the only user of this computer, a personal computer. I use the local acct 98% of the time. Is there a method to have the 2 accts synced(mirrored) so that MS acct has everything...
  6. microsoft acct

microsoft acct: hello everyone i have a question, i have 1 pc and a laptop at home that use my same microsoft hotmail acct login,i upgraded one pc to windows 10,the other is win 8.1,what i wanted to find out is if there would be any issues with using my same login on 2 separate devices.i do...
  7. Falls Update removed my built-in admin acct

Falls Update removed my built-in admin acct: Win 10 Home, version 1709 OS Build 16299.19 I had 2 accts. My own admin acct and the built-in admin acct. That has been my habit to have an emergency admin acct. Today, I've found out the built-in admin acct was gone. I am not sure if it happened after I installed...
  8. Transform/ or Transfer my USER acct to This PC.

Transform/ or Transfer my USER acct to This PC.: I have been contending with this issue for as long as I have had Windows 10. It has become a real annoyance in 2 years. Windows has always had ridiculously long paths to user accounts. I am the ONLY one who uses this computer, to the point where I do not even use a password...
  9. Remove User

Remove User: I have tried everything thru control panel and settings to remove a user and I cannot. I bought my pc from a vendor who had it on display and added themselves as a user. Please help me. I cannot delete, copy or change the folder at all. There are no folders open and I have...
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why do i have a user acct and a admin acct