Windows 10: removing a windows account

Discus and support removing a windows account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i currently have 3 windows accounts connected to my pc, two of my own and one school account. no clue how the school account is connected to my pc at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bendikkarlsen, Aug 29, 2019.

1. removing a windows account

i currently have 3 windows accounts connected to my pc, two of my own and one school account. no clue how the school account is connected to my pc at home. so how do i remove it, when i click my gmail account it says i can remove it but the school account i cant. it says treat and sends me to a page which cant be acessed. any help appreciated

:)

Bendikkarlsen, Aug 29, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

Outlook help - Office Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

removing a windows account

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown removing a windows account :(

Zakin, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

removing a windows account

1. removing a windows account - Similar Threads - removing account

2. Trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop - No "Disconnect" appears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop - No "Disconnect" appears: I had to temporarily use my personal laptop for my first week at a new company while waiting for a delayed delivery of my new company laptop. Now I'm trying to remove Microsoft Work Account from my Persona Laptop. When I go to Settings/Accounts/Access work or school,...
  3. Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface Pro with Windows 10 - how to remove my Microsoft account from administrator: Hi, I was lent a Surface Book with Windows 10 by my school. It did not require a PIN or password to log in into a Windows session. I then downloaded microsoft word and excel because I have an 365 microsoft account. For some reason, it turns out my microsoft account is...
  4. Windows 10 20H2 cannot remove PIN or convert to local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 20H2 cannot remove PIN or convert to local account: G'day, I require help adding a mapped drive to a Windows 10 20H2 machine. If I try and access the IP/hostname of a Synology NAS, the Windows Security dialogue box appears that firstly asks for a PIN. If I click 'more choices', usually I can enter the username/password for...
  5. How to Remove a Second Microsoft Account from Netbook running Windows 10

How to Remove a Second Microsoft Account from Netbook running Windows 10: When I first got this netbook I created a Microsoft account. After a while and to help working from home during the pandemic I added my works microsoft account. I now want to delete the works account. Settings > Email and Accounts shows both accounts, but clicking on my...
  6. Will removing Windows account from windows removes the windows access password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Will removing Windows account from windows removes the windows access password?: I have a PC that was previously used by a person named Polly. I need to enter password to enter windows. In settings page, I see it logged in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. If I remove this email account from settings, will it also remove the password for...
  7. Need help removing school account!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help removing school account!: I downloaded Microsoft teams and it has been making my computer slower in the background, and also today I noticed that I can no longer use windows defender. It says it admin has limited access. So basically I need to find out if this is malware or if its my stupid school...
  8. My computer keeps asking for a deleted Microsoft account & can't remove it or replace it...

My computer keeps asking for a deleted Microsoft account & can't remove it or replace it...: I've deleted my previous Microsoft account assigned with my user account in computer. Though I've signed up with my new account, the computer keeps remembering the old one & doesn't replace it with the new one. Though I have a option to remove the new account in settings, I...
  9. REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT

REMOVE MICROSOFT ACCOUNT: Hello, My personal email is administrator on my work's pc and I want to remove it and to change it. How can I do this? Thanks in advanced. Recently, Athina Ap....
  10. Can't remove a Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't remove a Microsoft Account: I have my Microsoft account as administrator on this computer and my brother needed to sign in to do some work. Now I want to change my pin but it says the computer's Institution the school from where his account is doesn't allow me to change the pin on my computer. I tryed...