Windows 10: Removing a work account that is no longer active but still retain the documents associated...

Discus and support Removing a work account that is no longer active but still retain the documents associated... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I remove a work account that is no longer active but still retain the documents associated with that account? I have recently retired and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatGlubka, Jul 20, 2018.

1. PatGlubka Win User

Removing a work account that is no longer active but still retain the documents associated...

How can I remove a work account that is no longer active but still retain the documents associated with that account? I have recently retired and my default account on Google is my work account that is no longer active.

:)

PatGlubka, Jul 20, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Remove personal Microsoft account and only use Office 365 & associated email

Hi,

To remove your Microsoft account without restoring your computer, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Your email and accounts.
    • Click on the account that you want to remove.
    • Click Delete account and data confirmation.

If you will delete the account and it's data, you will be unable to use the data and the files associated to the same account.

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Removing a work account that is no longer active but still retain the documents associated...

Windows hello removal from an account I no longer have access to.

Just a quick recap, you've set up Windows Hello on a user account on your
    PC that is associated with a business account you no longer have access to. Is that right? If that is the case, you could simply
    remove the user account on your PC. You will need an administrator account in order to remove a user account. To remove a user account on your PC, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings>Accounts>Family & other users.
    • Select the user account that you want to remove.
    • Click Remove.
    • You'll be prompted again, click Delete account and data.

(Note: Removing a user account deletes all the data the is saved in it)

Upon removing that account on your PC, you can now set up Windows Hello.

Do get back to us if you need further assistance.

Allan Mej, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing a work account that is no longer active but still retain the documents associated... - Similar Threads - Removing account longer

2. Need to remove an account from my device and no longer have access to the email associated...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to remove an account from my device and no longer have access to the email associated...: About seven years ago I was bullied out of the business that I had the account under the email address and he will not cooperate with me to give me the code so I could log on and delete it. I no longer remember what passwords were used then to reset it through no longer...
  3. Need to remove an account from my device and no longer have access to the email associated...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to remove an account from my device and no longer have access to the email associated...: About seven years ago I was bullied out of the business that I had the account under the email address and he will not cooperate with me to give me the code so I could log on and delete it. I no longer remember what passwords were used then to reset it through no longer...
  4. Need to remove an account from my device and no longer have access to the email associated...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?: Is it possible to remove Upgrade license from Computer A without losing its OEM license?I need to use Windows 10 Pro which is an upgrade license as Virtual Machine in another Computer B; does using Windows 10 Pro upgrade license as Virtual Machine make Computer A lose its OEM...
  6. does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?: Is it possible to remove Upgrade license from Computer A without losing its OEM license?I need to use Windows 10 Pro which is an upgrade license as Virtual Machine in another Computer B; does using Windows 10 Pro upgrade license as Virtual Machine make Computer A lose its OEM...
  7. does remove upgrade license still retain OEM license ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to remove wrong association of documents folder in library

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove wrong association of documents folder in library: Hello, I was changing all default locations of library folders to my D: Drive. While changing location of Documents folder, instead of putting D:\Documents as location I put just D:\ in it. Now when I open properties of the Documents folder, it shows properties of the D:...
  9. Remove Old Work Account no longer work there

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Old Work Account no longer work there: I keep getting error messages saying there is something wrong with my Microsoft Account. When I look over the Account Details, I see a Work Email Address that is no longer valid no longer work there. I have tried everything I can and have NOT been able to remove the OLD...
  10. Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Work and School Account" associated with same email as Personal account: I repeatedly receive a login request when trying to access shared files or my OneNote account that tells me I have two accounts with the same email address: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use? Work or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removing a office work account from personal computer