Windows 10: Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop

Discus and support Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to download anything directly on the desktop. Whenever I try to rename or delete any file from the desktop, it shows Destination folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kuber Munot, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop

I am unable to download anything directly on the desktop. Whenever I try to rename or delete any file from the desktop, it shows Destination folder access denied Attached is its screenshot. I think there is some kind of administrator lock on the desktop. Please help!!!

:)

Kuber Munot, Sep 5, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Sep 5, 2021
  3. xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Sep 5, 2021
  4. Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop

Folder Permissions Remove System

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Let me answer your query on Windows 10.

Please be informed that you cannot remove the system entry, However you can add/remove permission for a particular user.

The Group or user name section lists all the accounts on the computer. If you want to prevent a user to accessing the folder, you may deny/remove all permission for that particular user.

The system account and the administrator account (Administrators group) have the same file privileges, but they have different functions. The system account is used by the operating system and by services that run under Windows.

I suggest you not to remove permissions for SYSTEM entry.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Sep 5, 2021
Thema:

Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop

1. Removing Administrator Permissions from desktop - Similar Threads - Removing Administrator Permissions

2. Completely Remove Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely Remove Administrator Permissions: Hello all. I recently encountered a frustrating problem when trying to save a Word document to a folder.When I was told that I needed administrator permissions, I went down the online rabbit hole trying to find a way to get rid of them altogether but got nowhere. There were a...
  3. Completely Remove Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely Remove Administrator Permissions: Hello all. I recently encountered a frustrating problem when trying to save a Word document to a folder.When I was told that I needed administrator permissions, I went down the online rabbit hole trying to find a way to get rid of them altogether but got nowhere. There were a...
  4. Completely Remove Administrator Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file": I have been trying for the past 3 days to remove a file that I no longer wish for to be installed on my computer. However, when I attempt to uninstall it, a message "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file" pops up on my screen, despite me being the only...
  6. "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file": I have been trying for the past 3 days to remove a file that I no longer wish for to be installed on my computer. However, when I attempt to uninstall it, a message "You need permissions from administrators to remove this file" pops up on my screen, despite me being the only...
  7. Administrator permissions for removing apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator permissions for removing apps: I am an administrator but do not have permission to remove apps. How do I change my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/administrator-permissions-for-removing-apps/59fdefbf-ad45-4708-abab-dea5b5e57006
  8. I accidentally removed all permissions from "administrators"

I accidentally removed all permissions from "administrators": I was trying to give full access to "administators" from security tab for whole C drive. But, accidentally i removed all, so i cannot reach anything now. Even any folders or programs, i cannot press windows start button. I need to reset all permissions for all users I guess....
  9. Administrator permission on desktop

Administrator permission on desktop: Hello, I don't know what happened in my laptop, but suddenly, I noticed that now if I right click on my desktop, then in the 'new' option, I don't have the usual options, but a 'new folder' option with a admin permission attached to it. In the beginning I didn't bother...
  10. require permission from Administrators

in Windows 10 Support
    require permission from Administrators: Hi, There's two file I want to copy. But I get this : "You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this file". I'm the administrator! So what can I do ? 61571

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove permission of labtop