Windows 10: Removing an account completely

Discus and support Removing an account completely in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I have been using my mother's windows 10 laptop and I signed in to YouTube, Mail, and the whole device with my personal email account. I am... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Happiness., Nov 20, 2018.

1. Removing an account completely

So I have been using my mother's windows 10 laptop and I signed in to YouTube, Mail, and the whole device with my personal email account. I am returning the laptop to her now but I couldn't remove my account from the device, I want to remove it completely like just wipe it out from everywhere. Plus it keeps showing my email and asking for its password to unlock the computer. Please help, and Thanks.

:)

Happiness., Nov 20, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 20, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Removing an account completely :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 20, 2018
  4. Removing an account completely

Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 20, 2018
Thema:

Removing an account completely

1. Removing an account completely - Similar Threads - Removing account completely

2. how to completely remove copilot, not disable it, remove it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to completely remove copilot, not disable it, remove it.: how to completely remove copilot, not disable it, remove it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-completely-remove-copilot-not-disable-it/491da05d-20cb-423f-8bef-a6e1be3d0367
  3. Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device: When at work, I used my company’s computer to log into my OneDrive account to do homework. When I finished, I logged out of my OneDrive, but somehow my whole account was connected to the computer. When I logged onto my laptop, my desktop had icons on it that were originally...
  4. Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Account COMPLETELY from Different Device: When at work, I used my company’s computer to log into my OneDrive account to do homework. When I finished, I logged out of my OneDrive, but somehow my whole account was connected to the computer. When I logged onto my laptop, my desktop had icons on it that were originally...
  5. completely removing onedrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    completely removing onedrive: Hi. I'm want to use bash to create a folder in my desktop. I type: cd desktop mkdir newfolder and the newfolder is created in c:/users/myname/desktop but the folder isn't in my actual desktop as this is in onedrive. I know this because if I create a new folder in my...
  6. Completely removing Outlook account from Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Completely removing Outlook account from Windows 10: I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 (version 1909), and to proceed through the install, I had to enter my outlook credentials. After the install, I changed to a local account, and signed out of Outlook, which I thought would be enough to remove it from my PC....
  7. Completely removing Outlook account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely removing Outlook account from Windows 10: I recently did a fresh install of Windows 10 (version 1909), and to proceed through the install, I had to enter my outlook credentials. After the install, I changed to a local account, and signed out of Outlook, which I thought would be enough to remove it from my PC....
  8. Removing an email account completely from a windows 10 profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing an email account completely from a windows 10 profile: [ATTACH]I accidently added my email account to an administrator account on a work computer and i was wondering how i would be able to completely remove it from the profile, so no one can access the email account....
  9. How to completely remove Microsoft account from PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to completely remove Microsoft account from PC: I would like to remove my account but I dont see an option anywhere. How do I do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-completely-remove-microsoft-account-from-pc/13ae9784-0e2e-46d2-b04a-5c5cfecfa132
  10. Completely Remove Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Completely Remove Chrome: Running 15063.11/1703, recently installed. Noticed in registry there is a Google Chrome key in both HKCU and HKLM. Chrome was my default browser but uninstalled prior to installation of 1703. (Fast Ring upgrade, not clean install) When I try to delete the Chrome key get...