Windows 10: Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Discus and support Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot remove an account from Settings / Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Matityahu David, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

I cannot remove an account from Settings / Email & Accounts / Manage. The delete button does not appear. When I click Manage, my browser opens and tells me to sign into an account in Microsoft Online. It was an account that I used for an old domain, that was connected to a MS Office product.

How do I get rid of these account and the annoying reminders that "there is a problem with my account"?

:)

Matityahu David, Mar 24, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 24, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10

1. Removing an account from "Emails & Accounts" in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Removing account Emails

2. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  3. Removing email account from Windows 10

Removing email account from Windows 10: I want to remove my personal email account from my laptop but I am concerned about deleting my msn account. Who can I safely remove my email account from this laptop?...
  4. remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10

remove old microsoft account from email & accounts in windows 10: My system has an old microsoft accountdoes not exist anymore that is still in email & accounts section. How do I remove that account from my system if I don't have access to that account anymore. I am the administrator on my system. Thanks...
  5. Removal of an account under email & accounts in Windows 10

Removal of an account under email & accounts in Windows 10: I have a personal PC which I downloaded Teams to to demo to a client a specific piece of software. I logged into my work account on teams to share the content and then deleted teams, however I still have my work account being shown as an account under email & accounts....
  6. Removing Email Account Error From Windows 10

Removing Email Account Error From Windows 10: I opened my Windows 10 Calendar App this morning and nothing was on there. I am used to sync issues happening with my work email account, so usually I just remove and then re-add the account through my Windows 10 Settings. When I go into Windows 10 Settings and then to the...
  7. Remove account from Email & Accounts setting

Remove account from Email & Accounts setting: When I am under Settings > Accounts > Email $ Accounts, there is an account under 'Accounts used by other apps' that does not give me the option to remove. I am using the administrator account on this PC. My only option when clicking the account that I want to remove is...
  8. Removing an email from a microsoft 10 account

Removing an email from a microsoft 10 account: I have a work computer which has its own microsoft account attached to it. I logged into my microsoft account to download an adobe program and accidentally connected my account to the device. I removed the device from my account online, but in the settings, it still has my...
  9. How to remove my account from Email & accounts ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove my account from Email & accounts ?: Windows 10 deceived me and told me i had a problem about my accounts, i clicked there to solve the problem and see what could be and linked my hotmail account to my computer without permission, i tried to remove it clicking in my account, edit and then there is not remove...
  10. How to remove account from email and app accounts

How to remove account from email and app accounts: Hi, One of my users ticked the option: "allow my organization to manage my device" when she logged on to her Office365 account in Office2019. The problem is, she can no longer log into her office programs. It only asks for an emailadress, but never a password (because of...