Windows 10: Removing an account

Discus and support Removing an account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey there, When i was younger and set up this PC, i filled in the email adress for the account with a dummy address. I now want to remove that email... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WraithSeer1029, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Removing an account

Hey there,

When i was younger and set up this PC, i filled in the email adress for the account with a dummy address. I now want to remove that email address so that i can connect it with other devices that use that email. However, I cant login into the account, as it is a dummy, therefore i cant remove it. Any tips?

Picture included below Removing an account 860ebc60-b544-4f27-94e9-1b8a2680b4b1?upload=true.jpg Removing an account 2ca7ce41-075e-4b32-ac46-f0d74554c7e8?upload=true.jpg

I want to remove the top account (but the remove button does not appear)

Thanks in advance!

:)

WraithSeer1029, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Remove an account

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article to remove the mail account from Mail app.

Removing an account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/remove-account

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

I would like to inform you that if you do not have any other user account created on your computer, you will not be able to remove the account. The only option for you is to convert the existing Microsoft account to Local account.
    You may refer to the following steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account.

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click
      OK
    • Now, login to Local account.

If you want to bypass the login screen and directly enter to desktop without entering the password, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + R keys.
    • Type netplwiz and Press
      ENTER.
    • Uncheck the box “Users must enter
      a username and password to use this computer” and Click
      Apply.
    • Double click on the User account on which you want to apply this settings.
    • You’ll now be asked to enter the username and password of the account you want to be logged in with automatically
    • Click on OK button.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Removing an account

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to delete the guest account:
    1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command: Code:
      Code:
      net user Guest /del

Vesao, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Removing an account

1. Removing an account - Similar Threads - Removing account

2. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  3. How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove pop ups sign in Microsoft family safety account.: In my son's computer is coming all the time a pop up window asking to sign in his Microsoft account. That is happening in the last 2 days. Obviously is not an option to remove my son from the family because I use it to control times, until now everything was working perfectly...
  4. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account: I need to remotely access one of my desktops from another using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. For ease of use, I need the remote desktop to just boot straight up without pins or passwords mainly because I have no monitor connected to it full-time.I came across a...
  5. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account: I need to remotely access one of my desktops from another using Microsoft's Remote Desktop Connection. For ease of use, I need the remote desktop to just boot straight up without pins or passwords mainly because I have no monitor connected to it full-time.I came across a...
  6. How to remove all login requirements on Windows 10 desktop - but not switch to local account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  8. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  9. I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can...: I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can change my country/region in my microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-child-account-but-i-was-required-to/252ce903-5440-4de1-9b3b-7f43e467012a
  10. I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can...

I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can...: I dont have child account but i was required to remove the child consent before i can change my country/region in my microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-child-account-but-i-was-required-to/252ce903-5440-4de1-9b3b-7f43e467012a