Windows 10: Removing an Alias

Discus and support Removing an Alias in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I go to manage my account there are 2 aliases. One is my Outlook email address and the other, which I'm not sure how it was created, is a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JamesJoey, Jun 23, 2020.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Removing an Alias

When I go to manage my account there are 2 aliases.

One is my Outlook email address and the other, which I'm not sure how it was created, is a shortened version of my outlook email.

I want to remove the the shortened version and just have my Outlook email as my identity.

Problem is in the users folder on my PC it uses the shortened version, not my Microsoft Outlook account email.

What would happen if I remove the shortened version which my PC is using??

James

:)

JamesJoey, Jun 23, 2020

2. I would like to change my windows live account which was a vz email acct that now has an outlook.com alias and start over with only a windows live login/ no alias.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

I will certainly help you.

Let us try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Remove an alias

I suggest you to refer to the section Remove an alias from your account from the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/add-alias-account

Step 2: To create a new account.

• Click on Go to Outloo.com on this page.
    • Click on Sign up now.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you

Abdul_Malik, Jun 26, 2020
  3. remove account alias or create a account without an alias

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

You can remove the alias. Please follow this link below which will provide you more information. Sometimes you might not able to remove the alias due to browser issue. I suggest you to try through different browser and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/outlook/add-alias-account

Thank You.

Uttam Yadav, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Removing an Alias

Domain alias

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following questions so that we can help you.

• Which domain alias are you referring to?

• How did you delete your domain alias?
    Your question does not contain all the required information needed for us to help you. I suggest you to provide more details regarding the issue you’re facing, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Removing an Alias

1. Removing an Alias - Similar Threads - Removing Alias

2. "We were unable to make *** Email address is removed for privacy *** your primary alias....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "We were unable to make *** Email address is removed for privacy *** your primary alias....: MS Account while using MS Edge browser. My gmail is NOT a school or work mail. I already tried to wait a week after the last change and its change limit of 2 per week, and it is still stuck. Please help....
  3. "We were unable to make *** Email address is removed for privacy *** your primary alias....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "We were unable to make *** Email address is removed for privacy *** your primary alias....: MS Account while using MS Edge browser. My gmail is NOT a school or work mail. I already tried to wait a week after the last change and its change limit of 2 per week, and it is still stuck. Please help....
  4. Trying to change primary email alias to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to change primary email alias to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but...: Trying to change my primary email address to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but says email is already taken but it’s my new email address. How do I change from current address as it will be deleted soon?...
  5. Trying to change primary email alias to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but...

Trying to change primary email alias to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but...: Trying to change my primary email address to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but says email is already taken but it’s my new email address. How do I change from current address as it will be deleted soon?...
  6. If I remove an @hotmail.co.uk alias from my microsoft account will it be deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I remove an @hotmail.co.uk alias from my microsoft account will it be deleted?: I have an old anonymous style hotmail account that I use for ham type stuff. I don't really use it much and have a new real-name based gmail account that is my primary account.It's annoying that I have to use my old address to sign into my PC.I've just found out that I can...
  7. If I remove an @hotmail.co.uk alias from my microsoft account will it be deleted?

If I remove an @hotmail.co.uk alias from my microsoft account will it be deleted?: I have an old anonymous style hotmail account that I use for ham type stuff. I don't really use it much and have a new real-name based gmail account that is my primary account.It's annoying that I have to use my old address to sign into my PC.I've just found out that I can...
  8. If I remove an @hotmail.co.uk alias from my microsoft account will it be deleted?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary which i want to remove. But before that I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary which i want to remove. But before that I...: I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary gmail which i want to remove. But before that I want to set the 2nd one outlook account as primary. I am unable to do it. i dont see any link to set it as primary on the laptop in settings/ accounts / Email and accounts OR on...
  10. I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary which i want to remove. But before that I...

I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary which i want to remove. But before that I...: I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary gmail which i want to remove. But before that I want to set the 2nd one outlook account as primary. I am unable to do it. i dont see any link to set it as primary on the laptop in settings/ accounts / Email and accounts OR on...