Windows 10: Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key

Discus and support Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a program in the appwiz.cpl that doesn't exist under the CurrentVerstion\Uninstall of either the HKLM or the HKCU. Any ideas where else I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Maladal, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key

I have a program in the appwiz.cpl that doesn't exist under the CurrentVerstion\Uninstall of either the HKLM or the HKCU.

Any ideas where else I can look to remove this?

submitted by /u/Maladal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Maladal, Mar 30, 2020
  2. CWCUMMINS Win User

Windows Mobile 6.1 . I cannot remove Uninstalled Software from Apllication Uninstall list

This worked! This was the only place left that the offending entry seems to have existed which made it appear in the uninstall programs list. Thanks so much! After doing all the registry editing that was suggested in this thread, THIS WORKED! Of course,
    one will want to delete the rogue registry entries as well, but this is the step necessary to remove it once and for all from the uninstall programs list. Thanks again!

CWCUMMINS, May 25, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key :confused:

oli_ramsay, May 25, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key

1. Removing an entry from appwiz that's not in the Uninstall key - Similar Threads - Removing entry appwiz

2. Removing registry entries based on key name values

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing registry entries based on key name values: I am trying to remove unwanted flight simulator files from my registry. These amount to literally thousands of files containing scenery, texture, model and other information, but doing so manually, file by file takes days.All the files have different keys, but their group...
  3. Removing registry entries based on key name values

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing registry entries based on key name values: I am trying to remove unwanted flight simulator files from my registry. These amount to literally thousands of files containing scenery, texture, model and other information, but doing so manually, file by file takes days.All the files have different keys, but their group...
  4. How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software

How to remove double entries same program in uninstall software: Hello, I have two identical entries in the "uninstall and change a program" list. No disaster, but just wondering how that can happen? And another program that has been overwritten (not uninstalled) by a newer version: how can the old entry be removed from that list?...
  5. Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.

Dead start menu entry from uninstalled game.: I have a dead "Age Of Empires : Definitive Edition" start menu entry which I cannot remove. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dead-start-menu-entry-from-uninstalled-game/d9cebca9-60ef-4c8d-8a80-c26d68dc1d1c
  6. Help me remove an entry from a jumplist.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help me remove an entry from a jumplist.: I have a Notepad document in my Taskbar jump list which will not go away. When I click on it, a message tells me that the document cannot be found. It may have been moved or renamed. Would I like to delete the entry? When I click Yes, nothing happens. The document is still on...
  7. Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps"

Trying to remove old uninstalled entries in "all apps": I've recently installed windows 10 and I'm trying to clean up the start menu. The issue I'm running into is that the "all apps" has lots of entries of programs that have been long since uninstalled. I've deleted items in the old start menu folders and got rid of some...
  8. Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list

Uninstalling a program only removes its entry from the list: Lately I've started having the following issue: When I click "Uninstall" in the "Uninstall or change program" utility in the control panel, it only removes the entry instantly, but nothing happens, and the program remains on the PC What is it? Thanks 80064
  9. How to remove entry's from startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove entry's from startup: Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)*Smile...
  10. Remove entries from 'Open With'?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove entries from 'Open With'?: What is the easiest way to remove unwanted entries from the list that appears after right clicking a file and choosing Open With please? I have added successive versions of a program but don't see a simple 'Remove' option. Terry, East Grinstead, UK 99242