Windows 10: Removing an old PC from Devices

Discus and support Removing an old PC from Devices in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't remove an old PC from my list of Devices. When I try it says to wait, then try again later.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by 007jayc, May 16, 2022.

1. 007jayc Win User

Removing an old PC from Devices

I can't remove an old PC from my list of Devices. When I try it says to wait, then try again later.

:)

007jayc, May 16, 2022

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 16, 2022
  3. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, May 16, 2022
  4. Ermin Rey Win User

How to remove the unused old device from account?

Thanks for the clarification. To remove connected devices on your account kindly follow the steps below:

1. Log in to
      your Microsoft account
    2. Go to Devices
    3. Then remove the unwanted devices.

Feel free to get back to us should you experience any issue.

Ermin Rey, May 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Removing an old PC from Devices - Similar Threads - Removing old Devices

2. Remove old devices from Restore screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove old devices from Restore screen?: Just installed Win 11 on another device, and I noticed there are a lot of old installations in the "Select a device to restore from" screen, during Windows installation. Is there any way to remove them? I can't find anything in my account.This isn't mine. I took it from a...
  3. Remove old devices from Restore screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove old devices from Restore screen?: Just installed Win 11 on another device, and I noticed there are a lot of old installations in the "Select a device to restore from" screen, during Windows installation. Is there any way to remove them? I can't find anything in my account.This isn't mine. I took it from a...
  4. Remove old PC from Mouse without Borders

Remove old PC from Mouse without Borders: Hi,I have an old computer still listed in the computer matrix in mouse without borders. The only post I saw related to this talked about dragging things around. I don't need to change the order of the PCs. I need to remove one that I no longer have....
  5. Removing window live permission from old pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing window live permission from old pc: I had a laptop stolen and it has my windows live emails and account access and I need to know can I cancel permissions etc to that laptop and lock or remove my windows live account from it so they can't get my email etc...
  6. Removing window live permission from old pc

Removing window live permission from old pc: I had a laptop stolen and it has my windows live emails and account access and I need to know can I cancel permissions etc to that laptop and lock or remove my windows live account from it so they can't get my email etc...
  7. Removing an old PC from Devices

Removing an old PC from Devices: I can't remove an old PC from my list of Devices. When I try it says to wait, then try again later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-old-pc-from-devices/70ee83f7-5972-47c0-842c-86c306fd565f
  8. Removing an old PC from Devices

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing an old PC from Devices: I can't remove an old PC from my list of Devices. When I try it says to wait, then try again later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-an-old-pc-from-devices/70ee83f7-5972-47c0-842c-86c306fd565f
  9. Account removal from old device not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Account removal from old device not working: I used to have a home device where I was signed in to my microsoft account. The old device is still in use but I have my own personal device where I am logged in to the same account. Now I want to remove the account from the home device. When I click on Manage my accounts in...
  10. Remove old devices from the Bluetooth and other devices page

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove old devices from the Bluetooth and other devices page: Hi, When I go to the Devices and printers page, I have unwanted icons in the Bluetooth and other devices section. Old phones and icloud … How do I remove them from the computer?...