Windows 10: Removing an unavailable Microsoft account in my laptop

Discus and support Removing an unavailable Microsoft account in my laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a school account which I used to login it with Microsoft service in my laptop, but after I quit the university, I could no longer to log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Xuup, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Xuup Win User

Removing an unavailable Microsoft account in my laptop

Hi, I have a school account which I used to login it with Microsoft service in my laptop, but after I quit the university, I could no longer to log in this account anymore. But this account is still in my laptop and always ask me there is problem with logging in it. I try to remove it but in the Settings part, it only allow me to manage account after I log in the account in website. So now I could neither log in this account nor delete it from my laptop. How could I do to delete it ??????

:)

2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Maria Fab Win User

removing a microsoft account from a Windows 10 laptop

Hi,

To help resolve your concern, we suggest that you add a local account first on your PC, before removing the other account. Follow the steps below:

• To create a local account on your Windows 10 PC:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type netplwiz, and then click OK.
    • Click Add.
    • Click Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended).
    • Click Local account, type a username, and a
      password (if you'd like one).
    • Click Next, and then click Finish.
    • Sign out of the Microsoft account you want to delete, sign in using the
      local account you created, and then remove the account you want to delete.

• To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:

• Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
    • Click Remove, and then click Yes.

Let us know how it goes.

Maria Fab, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Removing an unavailable Microsoft account in my laptop - Similar Threads - Removing unavailable Microsoft

2. Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it: Hi,I've been having problems with my Microsoft account linked to my laptop and I want to remove it when I want to remove it, it won't allow me it only shows "Manage" any ideas to on how remove it?...
  3. Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it: Hi,I've been having problems with my Microsoft account linked to my laptop and I want to remove it when I want to remove it, it won't allow me it only shows "Manage" any ideas to on how remove it?...
  4. Removal of microsoft account on laptop linked to it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows hello unavailable for my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello unavailable for my microsoft account: Hello!I have a problem logging into my Microsoft account on windows 11. Had the same problem on windows 10 too. When I try to log in with my Microsoft account windows Hello pops up, asking for the PIN but it gives a error after getting the pin. Specifically this one:I tried...
  6. Windows hello unavailable for my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello unavailable for my microsoft account: Hello!I have a problem logging into my Microsoft account on windows 11. Had the same problem on windows 10 too. When I try to log in with my Microsoft account windows Hello pops up, asking for the PIN but it gives a error after getting the pin. Specifically this one:I tried...
  7. Remove Microsoft account from laptop

Remove Microsoft account from laptop: Hi all, We recently bought a new laptop Dell for school and linked it to my Microsoft Account without issue. Unfortunately, our child does not want to view documents that we save on another laptop HP which is also linked to my MS account, and wants the laptop for his...
  8. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  9. How to remove my microsoft account from laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove my microsoft account from laptop: Bought a new Dell inspiron 15 5593 win10 pro laptop for the wife. When I first turned it on it asked for a microsoft account login. Not thinking, I used mine and now every time she uses it, my account name and avatar shows up. How would I delete all my info and replace it...
  10. Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account

Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account: I bought a new laptop, and I need to remove the old laptop from my Microsoft account, as I am giving it to a friend who will set up their own account. I cannot see how to do this from the information on my device information. I imagine that I need to delete Outlook, Excel,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removing a microsoft account from laptop