Windows 10: Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option".

Discus and support Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option". in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How can I remove an operating system entry from "choose an operating system" option at startup. I've manually deleted those extra operating systems but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by علی حفیظ, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option".

How can I remove an operating system entry from "choose an operating system" option at startup. I've manually deleted those extra operating systems but didn't knew that it would cause this problem. It only shows up here, I can not find any other files of Prime OS and Phoenix OS. Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option". ba603710-4de9-4c36-9e0c-17a39faafaee?upload=true.png

:)

علی حفیظ, Jan 1, 2019

2. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Choosing an operating system on Startup of Pc

Hi

Thanks for all the previous advice to cure the above problem but still it persists.

When I start the pc I get the option to choose an operating system with a 30 sec countdown where it then selects windows 10 (default) by itself.

This has now been happening for about 2 weeks and previously just booted straight to windows 10.

I would have thought there must be a way to return the pc to just boot to windows 10 as it did previously.

As mentioned all the suggestions previous have come back all ok with no faults.

Unfortunately the most recent advice below wont let me do it as it tells me I have to add a value of between

3 and 999. Also the Pc is already set to windows 10 as default.

Again would be grateful for help or advice

Thanks

Eddie

Amarjeet_Paul replied on

Accomplishments

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

The issue you face normally happens if someone had a old operating system and used it to upgrade to a newer version of it or completely install a new Operating system. Hence, follow the below steps to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Please press Windows key and R key and open the run dialog box.

2. In the Run dialog box, please type “msconfig”.

3. Enter the credentials (if needed), and there in the system configuration window, please select the
    boot tab.

4. There, you will get the different Operating systems
    installed in your computer.

5. Select the Operating system that you are currently using and select “set as default” option and then select the Timeout as “0” seconds.

5. Select Apply and Ok.

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Would again be grateful for advice

Thanks

Eddie

Eddiemac134, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option".

Turning off unwanted operating systems

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

Perform the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows + X, then
    Select System.

2. Click/tap on the Advanced system settings link on the left, and close the System window.

3. Click/tap on the Settings button under
    Startup and Recovery.

4. Select the OS (ex: Windows 10) you want as the default in the Default operating system drop down menu, and click/tap on
    OK.

5. Restart the PC.

Choose Windows 10 default and uncheck the option Time to display the list of operating system.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Suvarna Govinda, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option".

1. Removing an unwanted "choose an operation system option". - Similar Threads - Removing unwanted choose

2. CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM: I am stucked at choose an operating system? Like when I m choosing a operating system going back to choose an operating system page. Tried everything system repair failed. System reset stucked at reseting. Please help me asap what I can do to fix it. Thanks...
  3. CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM: I am stucked at choose an operating system? Like when I m choosing a operating system going back to choose an operating system page. Tried everything system repair failed. System reset stucked at reseting. Please help me asap what I can do to fix it. Thanks...
  4. CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. choose an operating system step

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    choose an operating system step: how can i address the step CHOOSE AN OPERATING SYSTEM with options [ ]win11 on volume 9 of [ ]win11 on volume 3? I tried to clone my win11 system disk. It led me to this step....
  6. Can't choose operating system.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't choose operating system.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Ok_Analyst8190 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tq7fwm/cant_choose_operating_system/
  7. Prompt for Choose an operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prompt for Choose an operating system: Hi,I get a prompt to Choose an operating system when I login. See image:https://imgur.com/HR01dQzIt's been a bit, but I believe that old install was causing me grief corrupt or some other so I did a fresh install on larger ssd. However, I never correctly removed that old...
  8. Prompt for Choose an operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prompt for Choose an operating system: Hi,I get a prompt to Choose an operating system when I login. See image:https://imgur.com/HR01dQzIt's been a bit, but I believe that old install was causing me grief corrupt or some other so I did a fresh install on larger ssd. However, I never correctly removed that old...
  9. Choose an Operating System

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Choose an Operating System: After I reset this PC, is a laptop Toshiba, befor the logon Toshiba show up a screen that say Choose an operating System,that show windows 10 is on volume 4,i only have windows 10.not other operating system,how can i fix it...
  10. Choose an operating system loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose an operating system loop: Hi Having serious problems. When I turn my PC on I get the BIOS screen, then short while after a blue screen with “Choose an operating system”. There are two options that are the same windows 10 on volume 2 windows 10 on volume 2 the PC then starts over again...