Windows 10: Removing an user account password

Discus and support Removing an user account password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My sister puts an user password on my laptop, will refreshing windows remove it?or something else?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MarkBunyi, Oct 2, 2020.

1. MarkBunyi Win User

Removing an user account password

My sister puts an user password on my laptop, will refreshing windows remove it?or something else?

:)

MarkBunyi, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Oct 2, 2020
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing an user account password - Similar Threads - Removing user account

2. Remove user account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove user account: How do I remove an account without the being an administrator I accidentally created a child account and gave them administrator privileges and removed mine. Every thing I've tried or been assisted in requires administrative command privileges. What do I do?...
  3. User Account Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User Account Password: On my laptop I have my Microsoft Account and in there it has my other devices, namely my desktop which I got after my laptop. For some reason my desktop will not open new programs anymore without asking for a password. I have my password for my microsoft account, but that...
  4. user password removal

in Windows 10 Customization
    user password removal: I don't want a user password at startup, how do I remove this for good? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-password-removal/722ed07e-e726-45f4-bc69-b7bb0218ee1d
  5. Removing User Accounts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing User Accounts: I have an old laptop I'd like to give to a family member, which has one user account mine. If I create another administrator account for my son, then log in with the new account and delete my own, will the deletion of my data on the laptop delete files currently...
  6. Remove User accounts

Remove User accounts: I have two user accounts I would like to delete-- Administrator and guest. When I go through the process in setting etc. these accounts do not show up. So I can not delete them. There must be another way to do this. Bottom line is I can add accounts but there is not a easy...
  7. Remove user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account: [ATTACH]I have accidentally added my own email to a new account and now I can't get rid of it, even though it's disabled. PS.: I have tried Win + R > control userpasswords2 and then removing it, but it doens't show up. ***Modified title from: Control of users***...
  8. Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account

Cannot remove user account password because of microsoft account: I recently set up my new laptop. I want to have no password on the user account when I turn it on, but it has set my user account password to my microsoft account password. I've tried settings > accounts > sign-in options > Password, but this tries to change my microsoft...
  9. Remove user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove user account: I have 2 users on my laptop and I want to remove one of them. I've looked it up and it says to go to settings go to the account and press remove, but, there is not a remove button, only block. I went onto my microsoft account and tried to too remove from family and when I do,...
  10. user account password

in Windows 10 Customization
    user account password: I never had a user account password on my laptop. I was cleaning things off the computer and accidently deleted the user account. When I re-boot, it is looking for a password. I never had one and I don't know what to do....