Windows 10: removing and blocking microsoft edge from erasing my browser

Discus and support removing and blocking microsoft edge from erasing my browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am so sick of microsoft. I have been using microsoft for over 20 years and always respected and felt microsoft was looking out for me. Now you are my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by williamschmittle, Sep 7, 2021.

1. removing and blocking microsoft edge from erasing my browser

I am so sick of microsoft. I have been using microsoft for over 20 years and always respected and felt microsoft was looking out for me. Now you are my ENEMY. You continually erase my Chrome browser and insert Microsoft Edge on my PC. This happened twice last week. Then I have to go in and sign back into Chrome, make them my default, take you off my pin & startup. Then I will be ok until you send out another Windows 10 update. I also have to sign back into facebook, explore, etc.I live off grid and my power to my PC is shut off when not using. I turn the power on and sign in with my

:)

williamschmittle, Sep 7, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Sep 7, 2021
  3. Eliezer Win User
    Blocking specific users from using Microsoft Edge browser

I found that doing the first 9 steps listed here did the trick. After taking ownership, I used regular NTFS permissions to deny permissions on the users I'm trying to block from using Edge.

Eliezer, Sep 7, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

removing and blocking microsoft edge from erasing my browser

browser waring of virus blocking edge

Edge Browser Adware

See post of GreginMich here: Can't close Edge- Message to call a number for help, to get off this web site

If your issue continues see this free multi-step removal guide from Malwaretips.com: Remove Microsoft Tech Support pop-up scam (Virus Removal Guide)

You may not need to scan with Zemana or Hitman Pro (note that both are available in trial versions if you do need them). If scanning with AdwCleaner (step 1) and Malwarebytes Free (step 3) does not resolve your issue, you may
    need to reset your browsers as suggested in step 5.

Le Boule, Sep 7, 2021
Thema:

removing and blocking microsoft edge from erasing my browser

1. removing and blocking microsoft edge from erasing my browser - Similar Threads - removing blocking microsoft

2. How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Yahoo from Hijacking Edge Browser: I see the above question frequently and want to share what worked for me. Somehow my kid installed something called "Wavebrowser." I went to Add/Remove and uninstalled Wavebrowser also immediately restarted Windows just in case it would help and the "Yahoo Hijacking Microsoft...
  3. Edge Browser Blocked by WIN11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser Blocked by WIN11: WINDOWS 11 HAS 90% BLOCKED EDGE BROWSER. I had already permanently uninstalled Chrome, since it had security breaches almost every week. Ever since I upgraded to WIN11 I began to have problems, but they were not constant. My computer is compatible with WIN11 as per the...
  4. Edge Browser Blocked by WIN11

Edge Browser Blocked by WIN11: WINDOWS 11 HAS 90% BLOCKED EDGE BROWSER. I had already permanently uninstalled Chrome, since it had security breaches almost every week. Ever since I upgraded to WIN11 I began to have problems, but they were not constant. My computer is compatible with WIN11 as per the...
  5. Microsoft blocks other browsers from opening Edge links

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft blocks other browsers from opening Edge links: When Microsoft launched Windows 10, one of the things that the company did introduce was the classic version of Edge. Edge would replace the aging Internet Explorer browser along the way. To give Edge a boost, Microsoft decided to invent the microsoft-edge:// protocol and...
  6. Remove or block microsoft edge

Remove or block microsoft edge: Is there a way to completely uninstall Microsoft Edge or at least block the application from doing anything. This app keeps on changing all my file types PDF to in browser link and opens everything in Microsoft edge even when I don't want it too. I was fine without it but I...
  7. Microsoft Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Edge Browser: Why are you guys MICROSOFT forcing people to keep the microsoft edge browser and claiming that it is an absolutely necessary app to keep? Furthermore, why do you guys keep saying that without it, windows will not operate/ function properly?? Windows did not always have the...
  8. Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove Microsoft Edge and return my default browser of Chrome: Hi there, Windows update forced downloaded.... I DO NOT WANT THIS AUTOMATICALLY UPDATING FYI.. Biggest issue is that you have now forced the new microsoft edge on me and this has stopped google chrome from being my default browser. I DO NOT WANT MICROSOFT EDGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  9. Remove/Disable Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Remove/Disable Edge Browser: Please click following link to know the steps to Disable/Remove Edge Browser. Remove Edge_Click Here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removedisable-edge-browser/0200f164-fa1b-4c43-b359-044d85b00ede"
  10. Remove DNS Unlocker from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Remove DNS Unlocker from Edge browser: I somehow managed to get an infection of DNS Unlocker on my laptop. Using various products (Malware bytes McAfee etc) I have managed to eradicate it from most places (Firefox now clean etc.) but it is still, obstinately and persistently present in the Windows 10 Edge browser....