Windows 10: Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?

Discus and support Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hallo had bought a used PC...and the seller had to send the hard disk with Win 10 extra... When it comes to me, can I reinstall the hard drive as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZocktoDie, Aug 9, 2020.

1. ZocktoDie Win User

Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?

Hallo had bought a used PC...and the seller had to send the hard disk with Win 10 extra...

When it comes to me, can I reinstall the hard drive as normal and use it without any problems? Or do I have to do something new? Hardware would be the same...

:)

ZocktoDie, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

Thank you for your reply.

There's a possibility that your HDD was detected as OS drive during the Windows installation. To remove your HDD as system disk, we suggest reformatting it. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Disk Management.
    • Right-click on your HDD, then select Format.
    • On the Format windows, type your preferred Volume label,
      File system (NTFS is recommended)
      , Allocation unit size (leave as Default).
    • Check the Perform a quick format option, then click
      OK

Note: Please back up your files before reformatting the drive.

Feel free to post back should you need further help.

Riel Alc, Aug 9, 2020
  3. after hard disk failure, need to reinstall my Win10 on new drive

Just need the steps to reinstall Win10 on replacement hard disk. Previous install was online during upgrade from Win 8.

WilliamWheeler2, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

I have SSD which is my main drive (OS installed) and listed as system disk and I also have another HDD which is my storage but also listed as a system disk. My question is how do I remove the hard disk as a system disk? By removing and keeping as system
    disks make a difference?

Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10? c578018d-a87d-4712-8845-bebc0d621187?upload=true.png

Kerr Almario, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10?

1. Removing and reinstalling a hard disk with Win 10? - Similar Threads - Removing reinstalling hard

2. Hard Drive/Disk File Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive/Disk File Removal: Hello there. Writing because I purchased an external hard drive to get back into some old hard drive files. It works on two but on my last removal from a Toshiba- There is no info coming up. No x gb out of xgb available. When the drive is listed under my computer.What is this...
  3. Hard Drive/Disk File Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive/Disk File Removal: Hello there. Writing because I purchased an external hard drive to get back into some old hard drive files. It works on two but on my last removal from a Toshiba- There is no info coming up. No x gb out of xgb available. When the drive is listed under my computer.What is this...
  4. Activating Win 10 on new hard disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activating Win 10 on new hard disk: Hi, So I have a laptop purchased 5 yrs ago that came with Win 8. I upgraded it to Win 10. The digital license is linked to my Microsoft account. My HDD is failing now, so I'll be buying a new SSD and would like to install the Windows on it. How can I proceed to install...
  5. Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling windows 10 after hard disk replacement: I had upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. However, my hard disk crashed and my service provider re installed window 7 after installing new hard disk. Can I still upgrade to Windows 10 and windows will identify earlier activation if its not based on hard disk....
  6. Hard disk drive not recognized in Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard disk drive not recognized in Win 10: Hi I have two hard drives one sony and a toshiba. Both these drives have stopped working since yesterday. I can't see usb mass storage driver in disk management. I tried installing it manually but couldn't....
  7. Reinstall a hard disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reinstall a hard disk: Hi, I must re-install Windows on a laptop, I've created a bootable flash disk, but apparently the hard disk it self is uninstalled. I can't find the driver. It is driver wdc wd10spcx-24z10. Can you help me ?...
  8. new hard drive,reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new hard drive,reinstall win 10: I replaced a hard drive in my hp laptop.How can I reload windows 10 onto it ? I made a iso disk but can't get it to work. I changed the bootup sequence to cd/dvd first and hd second. Hope this makes sense...
  9. Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Win 10 on new Hard Disk Drive: I am using (for some years) a Toshiba Laptop that came with pre-installed Win 8. I upgraded this to Win 10, during the free upgrade period. Because my Laptop was becoming very slow, I have just fixed a new SSD Hard Disk Drive to this Toshiba Laptop. How do I now transfer /...
  10. How to make removable disk act like permanent hard disk in Win 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make removable disk act like permanent hard disk in Win 10 Pro?: I'm setting up a Toshiba Encore 2 Tablet for a family member. I've already updated it to run 32-bit Windows 10 Pro 1607. It came with a very small amount of internal EMCC storage (24 GB available, NTFS formatted), but fortunately it also includes a MicroSD slot, which I've...