Windows 10: Removing Bitlocker from my windows 10 machine, cleaning up my microsoft account for my Dell...

Discus and support Removing Bitlocker from my windows 10 machine, cleaning up my microsoft account for my Dell... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So my pcs was BSODing on me so I reformatted and reinstalled windows via the Dell support tool. Somewhere along the line it decided I needed to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by P Wendt, Jun 30, 2020.

1. P Wendt Win User

Removing Bitlocker from my windows 10 machine, cleaning up my microsoft account for my Dell...

So my pcs was BSODing on me so I reformatted and reinstalled windows via the Dell support tool. Somewhere along the line it decided I needed to encrypt my machine not sure how I didnt notice it but it did. After upgrading it realized I needed a new harddrive. So ordered a new one and copied data over to new drive before I installed it. Crucial SSD. I installed the hardware and booted up easy peasy no issues, the last step from Crucial was to enable Momentum Cache. I did so and the machine rebooted.

As it came up I noticed it was doing windows recovery options. Then wham wanted my bitlocker key. So I logged into the MS website and I had two bitlocker keys! One was dated the date I had reinstalled windows the other was the day I put the new drive in the machine. Now unfortunately every time I boot up it wants me to enter the BitLocker key as it cant recover on its own, I enter the key it tries to repair and I am in an ever-diminishing circle.

Well back on old broken HD now, removing bitlocker so I can start the whole process over. My question is, IF I remove bitlocker before I start. Do I also want to remove the keys from my MS account? Those in no way are pushed down to my device are they?

:)

P Wendt, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

My bitlocker recovery key is not backing up to my Microsoft Online account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

BitLocker key will be saved to your Microsoft account that you use to login to Windows.

Check this article on
    Find my BitLocker recovery key
    , Click on the link (BitLocker
    Recovery Keys
    ) for the article and login and verify your account, you will find the key listed on your Microsoft account.

You can also check
    BitLocker Key Management FAQ
    for more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Removing Bitlocker from my windows 10 machine, cleaning up my microsoft account for my Dell...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Removing Bitlocker from my windows 10 machine, cleaning up my microsoft account for my Dell... :(

Zakin, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing Bitlocker from my windows 10 machine, cleaning up my microsoft account for my Dell... - Similar Threads - Removing Bitlocker machine

2. I mistakenly remove my dell pc from my Microsoft account and now it’s asking for a recovery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I mistakenly remove my dell pc from my Microsoft account and now it’s asking for a recovery...: I mistakenly removed my dell laptop from my Microsoft account and now it’s asking me to enter a recovery key but it won’t let me enter the letters only number please help...
  3. I mistakenly remove my dell pc from my Microsoft account and now it’s asking for a recovery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I mistakenly remove my dell pc from my Microsoft account and now it’s asking for a recovery...: I mistakenly removed my dell laptop from my Microsoft account and now it’s asking me to enter a recovery key but it won’t let me enter the letters only number please help...
  4. My Microsoft Account on Different Machines

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Microsoft Account on Different Machines: Good afternoon, I have been using my One Drive to place a database for some ancestry information. I have 3 machines that I use at home and they all log in with my Microsoft Account. I thought I was going mad because I kept having problems with the Database Software...
  5. Clean up my microsoft

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Clean up my microsoft: I bot a new laptop and after I set it up with my Microsoft account, it takes up over 200gigs of space! How to I wipe my microsoft account so that it doesn't load all the old files....
  6. My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Windows laptop device was removed from my Microsoft Account: Good day! I have an ASUS Laptop with Windows 8.1 installed by default. Most branded laptops comes with Windows preinstalled, including mine. I upgraded it to the free Windows 10 many years back. A year after the purchase of my laptop, the operating system was not loading...
  7. Removing my Microsoft account from Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing my Microsoft account from Windows 10: Hello, I had to to log into Windows 10 to download some apps I bought from the Microsoft store, now I want to remove my Microsoft mail or account and use a local account instead "If that’s the case, your best bet is to stop using your Microsoft account and instead use a...
  8. Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing a Laptop from my Microsoft Account: I bought a new laptop, and I need to remove the old laptop from my Microsoft account, as I am giving it to a friend who will set up their own account. I cannot see how to do this from the information on my device information. I imagine that I need to delete Outlook, Excel,...
  9. removing a device from my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    removing a device from my Microsoft account: How do I remove a device from my devices in my Microsoft account ? I no longer have a windows Laptop ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-device-from-my-microsoft-account/b01681e7-1a24-456f-8441-b20b0802cf1d
  10. reseting my dell pc from windows, using the remove everything and clean disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reseting my dell pc from windows, using the remove everything and clean disk.: resetting my dell pc from windows, using the remove everything and clean disk. Im stuck at 99% have been for 30 hours. is this too long and what should I do from here if it is. Much patience I have....