Windows 10: Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the...

Discus and support Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Problem 1: So, in the latest windows 10 update, which took 30 minutes to install and didn't help me at all, some things were changed. First off, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by amirpeleg1, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the...

Problem 1:

So, in the latest windows 10 update, which took 30 minutes to install and didn't help me at all, some things were changed.

First off, I now have blue arrows on my icons. I had them before, but I used a program to delete them. Oh, and don't tell me to change every single one of my files in my entire computer one by one, don't think it's time efficient.

Problem 2:

I REALLY hate the new file explorer window.

Problem 3:

In my opinion, this new browser is a bigger mistake than Brexit.

I'm about 97% sure you can't change it, but I NEED to be sure, because this looks absolutely terrible.

:)

amirpeleg1, Sep 16, 2019
  2. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Sep 16, 2019
  3. File Explorer icons display changed in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted with the results. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

As an initial recommendation, I would suggest you to check if the view settings of the File Explorer icons are set to
    Large Icons/ Extra Large Icons. If it is, then you may set it to
    Medium/Small Icons

The following steps will help you to set the icons layout to view with either
    Medium icons
    , or Small icons

a: Press Windows logo + E to open Windows Explorer.

b: Now click the View tab present at the top of the screen.

c: Now select Medium or Small Icons.

Another easy way of checking if the view of the icons can be changed, in the active File Explorer window or on the desktop, press and hold the
    Control (CTRL) key and roll your mouse scroll wheel forward and backward to change the size of all icons in this specific location to be larger or smaller. When finished, release the
    Control key.

Write to us with the updated information and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 16, 2019
  4. sturpe Win User

Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the...

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the...

1. Removing blue icons from ALL files, changing to the old file explorer logo and changing the... - Similar Threads - Removing blue icons

2. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  3. Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change icon size in File Explorer 22621.2506: Hello guys,got a problem... After the new 22621.2506 update my whole File Explorer, of course, got changed... no big surprise. First of all, anyone maybe knows how to restore the design/ layout of version 22621.2500? I'd like to have that back...Second thing, like mentioned...
  4. Changing drive icons in File Explorer

Changing drive icons in File Explorer: I have two HP laptops. On one, I have successfully changed the drive icons for both my local and mapped network drives by using the Registry Editor and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons and creating keys and values...
  5. Changing drive icons in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing drive icons in File Explorer: I have two HP laptops. On one, I have successfully changed the drive icons for both my local and mapped network drives by using the Registry Editor and navigating to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\DriveIcons and creating keys and values...
  6. cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar: remember when i had a problem with error icons?well now i have a completely new problem!i cant change the explorer icon on the taskbar. change it back to normal10/10 Windows 11 qualityagain, anything ill take thats not reseting my pcSpecs: Surface Go 2Intel Pentium4 GB of...
  7. cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar

cant change file explorer icon. on the taskbar: remember when i had a problem with error icons?well now i have a completely new problem!i cant change the explorer icon on the taskbar. change it back to normal10/10 Windows 11 qualityagain, anything ill take thats not reseting my pcSpecs: Surface Go 2Intel Pentium4 GB of...
  8. File explorer icon changes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer icon changes: [IMG] Hi, whenever I open file explorer and go to something like desktop, it opens a new window and changes the icon to the desktop icon. This is true for thing like documents where it opens the window and changes the icon to the documents icon. Below is an example. Any...
  9. Files changed their icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Files changed their icons: I don't really know how to ask this question but something changed and I am not sure how to get it back. I have a lot of svg files because I have a Cricut and that uses that type of file. In my Cricut Design space folder in explorer I have them broken down into different...
  10. File explorer change

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer change: In Win 10, if I am viewing a folder in file explorer, and I open control panel or insert a flash drive, the folder I am viewing is displaced rather than a new folder window opening....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. removing file icons file explorer