Windows 10: Removing Boot prompts/Unwanted actions

Discus and support Removing Boot prompts/Unwanted actions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After some changes to HDD partitions I'm getting two prompts on bootup. (See Images) I eventually removed the first one by following these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by James1093, Jul 25, 2020.

1. James1093 Win User

Removing Boot prompts/Unwanted actions

After some changes to HDD partitions I'm getting two prompts on bootup. (See Images)

I eventually removed the first one by following these instructions

Use the search option in the taskbar and enter secpol. msc then click on it in the search results. Under Local Policies, Security Options navigate to User Account Control Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account click on it to open the properties. Set the policy to Enabled and click Apply.

Now I get Edge opening when I bootup. However the machine is not on the internet and what happens is the Router (Fritzbox) opens saying access is (correctly) blocked.
    I can't see what address it's trying to reach. Can I find out and/or stop it trying to connect. I can't see anything in Startup that would be causing this, and it didn't so it until some changes to HDD yesterday.

:)

James1093, Jul 25, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jul 25, 2020
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing Boot prompts/Unwanted actions - Similar Threads - Removing Boot prompts

2. Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions: For many months the lower left of the keyboard keys trigger ‘something’ I know very well I DID NOT SELECT & certainly did not intentionally trigger. I say ‘lower left’ which seems often but it may NOT be limited to that part of the keyboard. It has gotten worse over time and...
  3. Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions: For many months the lower left of the keyboard keys trigger ‘something’ I know very well I DID NOT SELECT & certainly did not intentionally trigger. I say ‘lower left’ which seems often but it may NOT be limited to that part of the keyboard. It has gotten worse over time and...
  4. Keystrokes often trigger unwanted actions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Remove unwanted messages from Action Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove unwanted messages from Action Center: How do I get this out of my Action Center? It keeps reappearing day after day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-unwanted-messages-from-action-center/af35aef2-9109-4255-a15e-8cb77c90d494
  6. Remove unwanted messages from Action Center

Remove unwanted messages from Action Center: How do I get this out of my Action Center? It keeps reappearing day after day. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-unwanted-messages-from-action-center/af35aef2-9109-4255-a15e-8cb77c90d494
  7. Remove unwanted messages from Action Center

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unwanted message removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted message removal: How do I stop getting this website to show up on my desktop?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/build-expirationI have already upgraded to 11 and this is annoying.Jack...
  9. Unwanted message removal

Unwanted message removal: How do I stop getting this website to show up on my desktop?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/build-expirationI have already upgraded to 11 and this is annoying.Jack...
  10. Removal of unwanted folders

Removal of unwanted folders: Removal of unwanted folders One of my setups has recently fallen victim to some misbehaving software that had undesirable contents installed on the D drive which is used for personal data. "Apps and features" was able to remove these, but attempts to delete the folders left...