Windows 10: Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

Discus and support Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I'm wondering if there's currently a way to remove the ugly as hell tile background from icons located in the Start Menu. In other words, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drachen, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Drachen Win User

Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

I'm wondering if there's currently a way to remove the ugly as hell tile background from icons located in the Start Menu. In other words, I just want the ICON to show. I really like the Windows 10 start menu (especially after removing the entire tile-set to the right), but the background in the back of each icon reminds me heavily of a poorly designed theme.

Thanks for your responses!

:)

Drachen, Aug 1, 2015

2. Change the Color of Individual Live Tiles Windows 10

This appears to be an option seriously overlooked my Microsoft. The Start Screen tiles can look like a dog's breakfast; Icon's on tiles too small; background same color as icon; captions disapear, too long, wrong text color. Unfortunately there still is
    no remedy from Microsoft, there icons are presently color fixed, but this freeware tool will help most users with legibility issues see:

change color tiles

custard#sauce, Aug 1, 2015
  3. LM43 Win User
    Windows 10 tile color on start menu

I have tried to change colors of tiles from the "settings" menu. The colors there take care of the background color, not the actual TILE color. Most of the tiles are one color and change when back ground changes. The tiles still pick up the background
    color of the tiles. (i.e. my background is blue, so most of tiles are blue). On past window formats (like 8, etc) the tiles could be changed to individual colors.

LM43, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

1. Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons - Similar Threads - Removing Colored Tile

2. Remove a corrupt tile from the W10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove a corrupt tile from the W10 start menu: A tile corrupted on the Start menu, and is not responsive to activation. The tile context menu only lists tile sizes and nothing else. I ran sfc /scannow and the system files are all OK. Cleared the IconCache.db as well as the Explorer, in the locations listed below and...
  3. Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Manually edit tile icons in Start Menu?: Hello, I've been searching for a while but I couldn't find sufficient answers on how to do this. Is there a tutorial to manually make and set tile icons for 3rd party programs that fill up the tiles as a whole just like Store app icons, without using any editing...
  4. Transparent Start menu icon background?

Transparent Start menu icon background?: On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the...
  5. Change color of icons on start menu?

Change color of icons on start menu?: I tried looking around and I'm not seeing a option, since the update some icons randomly changed color on their own but I don't see how to do it myself. 29755
  6. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729
  7. Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds: After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds. This guide shows you go to go from this: Attachment 113103...
  8. Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles reverted to the browser icon: A couple weeks ago my Windows 10 had a big update. When the computer restarted, my START menu icons (maybe they are called tiles) reverted to to the browser icon. This happened to most tiles in my START menu, which opened a website. See the screen shot below. All of these...
  9. Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons: Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work. This Group Policy setting is located at: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu & Taskbar It is...
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...