Windows 10: Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

Discus and support Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I'm wondering if there's currently a way to remove the ugly as hell tile background from icons located in the Start Menu. In other words, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Drachen, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Drachen Win User

Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons [​IMG]

I'm wondering if there's currently a way to remove the ugly as hell tile background from icons located in the Start Menu. In other words, I just want the ICON to show. I really like the Windows 10 start menu (especially after removing the entire tile-set to the right), but the background in the back of each icon reminds me heavily of a poorly designed theme.

Thanks for your responses!

:)

Drachen, Aug 1, 2015

2. Change the Color of Individual Live Tiles Windows 10

This appears to be an option seriously overlooked my Microsoft. The Start Screen tiles can look like a dog's breakfast; Icon's on tiles too small; background same color as icon; captions disapear, too long, wrong text color. Unfortunately there still is
    no remedy from Microsoft, there icons are presently color fixed, but this freeware tool will help most users with legibility issues see:

change color tiles

custard#sauce, Aug 1, 2015
  3. LM43 Win User
    Windows 10 tile color on start menu

I have tried to change colors of tiles from the "settings" menu. The colors there take care of the background color, not the actual TILE color. Most of the tiles are one color and change when back ground changes. The tiles still pick up the background
    color of the tiles. (i.e. my background is blue, so most of tiles are blue). On past window formats (like 8, etc) the tiles could be changed to individual colors.

LM43, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

1. Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons - Similar Threads - Removing Colored Tile

2. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: Thank you so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-blue-background-from-icons-in-start-menu/41652a84-4f6e-4ed8-b049-4a441aff1f30
  3. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: Thank you so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-blue-background-from-icons-in-start-menu/41652a84-4f6e-4ed8-b049-4a441aff1f30
  4. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  6. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  7. Start Menu tile background color changes are being ignored

Start Menu tile background color changes are being ignored: BACKGROUND: Several weeks ago my START MENU tile background color went to a very light gray on a darker gray start menu background. PROBLEM: Ever since that time, we have been unable to change the background color of the START MENU tiles. When we go to PERSONALIZATION >...
  8. Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared

Colors from Start Menu tiles dissappeared: This problem of mine started yesterday, after Windows 10, version 20H2 Feature Update. No hardware or other software changes. Everything works just fine, it's just mildly annoying and I would like a solution if anyone can give me one. I posted a photo of what the Start Menu...
  9. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: [ATTACH] Hi everyone, After updating recently, specifically with the new icons for Windows 10 apps, a lot of the icons now have this odd blue background to them. Is there anyway to remove this? I don't mind it too much but if it's something that I can customize it would...
  10. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729