Windows 10: Removing contents of "C:\windows\servicing\packages"

Discus and support Removing contents of "C:\windows\servicing\packages" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to free up some space on c:\ drive. I see several old files in "C:\windows\servicing\packages". They are older files and are mostly .cat and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by SJK2, Aug 19, 2021.

1. SJK2 Win User

Removing contents of "C:\windows\servicing\packages"

Trying to free up some space on c:\ drive. I see several old files in "C:\windows\servicing\packages". They are older files and are mostly .cat and .mum files. Are these safe to remove.?? I searched the tutorial files and index and found nothing. If safe to remove is there a procedure or just delete the files as admin.??

:)

2. jonnied12 Win User

C:\Windows\servicing\LCU content

The 2004 update removed this folder. C:\Windows\servicing\LCU content, or will it return after the next update?

jonnied12, Aug 19, 2021
  3. C:\Windows\servicing\LCU content

" The 2004 update removed this folder. C:\Windows\servicing\LCU content ".......yep , its gone indeed !
    I deleted the folders in it , before upgrading to 2004...........

pietcorus2, Aug 19, 2021
  4. f14tomcat Win User

C:\Windows\servicing\LCU content

May come back when there is a cumulative update released. Be interesting to see if they truly dropped that.

f14tomcat, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Removing contents of "C:\windows\servicing\packages" - Similar Threads - Removing contents windowsservicingpackages

2. Remove content on msn home page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove content on msn home page: I cannot remove sections from the MSN home page. There is no edit button or other mechanism to do so -- anywhere. For a while the sections were showing "new things coming..." but that's gone now. Also nothing showing in My Account to customize the home page....
  3. Remove content on msn home page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove content on msn home page: I cannot remove sections from the MSN home page. There is no edit button or other mechanism to do so -- anywhere. For a while the sections were showing "new things coming..." but that's gone now. Also nothing showing in My Account to customize the home page....
  4. Contents of C:\Windows\debug\NetSetup.log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contents of C:\Windows\debug\NetSetup.log: I found a log file that says a windows device was added to my workgroup and I don't recognize it. That is not my windows machine name. How do I make sure this is not a security issue on my computer?C:\Windows\debug>type NetSetup.LOG ∩05/25/2021 15:10:23:212...
  5. Contents of C:\Windows\debug\NetSetup.log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents of C:\Windows\debug\NetSetup.log: I found a log file that says a windows device was added to my workgroup and I don't recognize it. That is not my windows machine name. How do I make sure this is not a security issue on my computer?C:\Windows\debug>type NetSetup.LOG ∩05/25/2021 15:10:23:212...
  6. Contents of C:\Windows\debug\NetSetup.log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Transferring whole content of C drive to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring whole content of C drive to D drive: Hello everyone I just want to ask that ,windows7 is currently installed on my C drive but I now want it to be on D drive. As, I want to install another operating system that is windows 10 on C drive. So, how to completely transfer whole C drive to D drive? including windows...
  8. Can not remove contents from Task View

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not remove contents from Task View: Hello In my time line of task view I can see the content history. Sometimes it happens that when I remove the content from task view then it becomes faint (Diminished) and then I can not remove it. I have two active desktop here but I can not delete one which I don't want....
  9. Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download content is safe?: hi The windows update report some suspend updates cause i set the notify for download and installation in the gpedit rules for increase the control of updating.I prefer download the update from windows update catalog.i just installed "April 9, 2019—KB4493509 (OS Build...
  10. Windows 10 Keeps Removing WinX Contents

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Keeps Removing WinX Contents: Hi, I have an issue since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 few months ago. Basically, Windows 10 has that feature to right click on Start menu button to get access to system shortcuts like Programs, Settings etc. So this feature just stopped working for me after few...