Windows 10: Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

Discus and support Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is sort of more like documentation than question. Answers that build on this or propose better solutions are welcome, but please spare us the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fernando Oliveira3, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

This is sort of more like documentation than question. Answers that build on this or propose better solutions are welcome, but please spare us the "Uninstall Cortana" and/or "Close Cortana using Task Manager" suggestions. Those are fundamentally broken, since they interfere with how Cortana Works i.e., not being able to voice activate Cortana. Also, a way to automate this would be welcome.I'll go into quite a bit of detail both on the problem and how it currently doesn't have a proper solution, as well as the workaround I found. If you're confident you know your way around Windows, have rese

:)

Fernando Oliveira3, Mar 1, 2023

2. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana (new behavior)

I disabled Cortana years ago... or so I thought. But starting today, whenever I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows (which I do frequently), the second one in the list (the default I will get if I only press Tab once) is Cortana! If I select it, I get a box saying, "Sign in to Cortana". I can make that window disappear by clicking X, but if I press Alt-Tab again, Cortana is still in the list. Did I do something to cause this new behavior? How do I get rid of it?

OsakaWebbie, Mar 1, 2023
  3. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana (new behavior)

You keep talking about Windows updates, but that doesn't seem to be the trigger for this.

Let me try asking a different question (this is about normal behavior): Does everyone who has Cortana installed see it offered in the Alt-Tab list of windows along with the apps they are actively using?

OsakaWebbie, Mar 1, 2023
  4. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana (new behavior)

My last Feature Update was 21H1 in July 2021, and the last update of any kind was KB5012599 on April 16th, which I think was also the last time the PC was rebooted (according to the Performance tab of Task Manager, the uptime is over 16 days). But this behavior of having Cortana appear in the list of open windows (Alt-Tab) just started today. So I suspect Cortana was already on my system. I'm interested in understanding why it's showing up like this, as a running app.

OsakaWebbie, Mar 1, 2023
Thema:

Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

1. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution - Similar Threads - Removing Cortana Alt+Tab

2. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution: This is sort of more like documentation than question. Answers that build on this or propose better solutions are welcome, but please spare us the "Uninstall Cortana" and/or "Close Cortana using Task Manager" suggestions. Those are fundamentally broken, since they interfere...
  3. Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Cortana from Alt+Tab list With Solution: This is sort of more like documentation than question. Answers that build on this or propose better solutions are welcome, but please spare us the "Uninstall Cortana" and/or "Close Cortana using Task Manager" suggestions. Those are fundamentally broken, since they interfere...
  4. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

in Cortana
    Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior: I disabled Cortana years ago... or so I thought. But starting today, whenever I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows which I do frequently, the second one in the list the default I will get if I only press Tab once is Cortana! If I select it, I get a box saying, "Sign in to...
  5. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior: I disabled Cortana years ago... or so I thought. But starting today, whenever I use Alt-Tab to switch between windows which I do frequently, the second one in the list the default I will get if I only press Tab once is Cortana! If I select it, I get a box saying, "Sign in to...
  6. Alt-Tab list always includes Cortana new behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I remove desktop in alt tab list

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I remove desktop in alt tab list: For win 10 by the way. submitted by /u/69Eddy69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kms3yn/how_do_i_remove_desktop_in_alt_tab_list/
  8. Cortana in alt-tab menu

in Cortana
    Cortana in alt-tab menu: I like using Cortana but when press alt-tab I see Cortana there. I do not want to see Cortana window in the alt-tab menu. How do I do that? -I use Windows 10 Pro 2004 Version...
  9. Cortana alt-tab bug

Cortana alt-tab bug: Yes it is a good news that Cortana is now shipped as if it is a separate application but please do not include it in the alt tab process. It just makes the workflow slower because Cortana is supposed to open or show up only when triggered but not as part of the main...
  10. List alt-tab windows from where mouse at

List alt-tab windows from where mouse at: I have an additional monitor that I use only two window on. I'd like to switch between that two app while mouse at that monitor. repost reason: title fix submitted by /u/heroata [link] [comments]...