Windows 10: Removing Cortana From Startup

Discus and support Removing Cortana From Startup in Cortana to solve the problem; How do I remove Cortana from the startup. I'm able to disable it bot not delete it. Is there a way to uninstall Cortana? I checked 2 Run keys in the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JamesJoey, Apr 9, 2021.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Removing Cortana From Startup

How do I remove Cortana from the startup. I'm able to disable it bot not delete it.

Is there a way to uninstall Cortana?

I checked 2 Run keys in the Registry but it isn't listed in either.

I thought there were 3 places in the registry that has the Run key. Can anyone tell me the path to the other Run keys???

James

:)

JamesJoey, Apr 9, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Apr 9, 2021
  4. Removing Cortana From Startup

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Removing Cortana From Startup

1. Removing Cortana From Startup - Similar Threads - Removing Cortana Startup

2. Cortana on startup

in Cortana
    Cortana on startup: Recently I have changed my local user account on my pc and noticed that cortana is turned off in windows startup by default. 1.Should I turn it on? 2.What's the advantages of turning it on and the disadvantages of doing the otherwise in startup? 3.Does turning off Cortana...
  3. Remove From Startup . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove From Startup . . .: My computer, is a. Dell, laptop. Running, Windows 10 pro. I love Google Chrome. But, I clicked on "unpin" from my taskbar. And, it was gone. So, I thought I'll just, uninstall and re-install, it. So, I went to the "Control Panel", Uninstall. Right click, uninstall, Google...
  4. Removing Cortana

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana: I don’t use Cortana and want to remove it from my PC. What are the steps? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-cortana/113aeeb5-f69b-4ddf-9d1e-0d41e307b435
  5. how to remove cortana from computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to remove cortana from computer: how do I remove cortana from my computer. It is useless and eats cycles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-cortana-from-computer/b1f594fd-6701-4393-be6e-5d53dc3eada9
  6. Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana

in Cortana
    Remove reminder from Calendar without removing the reminder from Cortana: Hi, Is there a way to remove a reminder which has created an event in my calendar, whilst still keeping the original reminder? To rephrase, I want to be reminded by Cortana, but I do not want the reminder to appear as an event on my calendar as it takes up a lot of space,...
  7. Remove cortana from start menu

in Cortana
    Remove cortana from start menu: Seeking for assist on removing cortana from start menu. Tried the method below 1) using registry set 0 value on “AllowCortana” to disable. 2) On desktop, right click to hide cortana None of the above, work to remove cortana from start menu. please assist....
  8. REMOVING CORTANA

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING CORTANA: I want CORTANA GONE. I do not and will not use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/removing-cortana/bb919d6e-1f7f-4cc9-b39c-cc5244a56caa
  9. cortana removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana removal: Can someone please show me how to remove Cortana.Find it a nuisance. 36087
  10. Cortana and Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and Startup: Lately , Cortana has been been MIA and I have seen nothing as to what is happening or how to fix it . Inexplicably today it has reappeared and all systems seem normal . Just the fact that Cortana is missing doesn't bother me but along with that it also means I can not access...