Windows 10: Removing Cortana from Windows 10 is now easier than ever

Discus and support Removing Cortana from Windows 10 is now easier than ever in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Cortana on Windows 10 has been updated as a productivity tool and it is now an integral part of Microsoft’s vision for conversational computing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 10, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Removing Cortana from Windows 10 is now easier than ever

Cortana on Windows 10 has been updated as a productivity tool and it is now an integral part of Microsoft’s vision for conversational computing and productivity.

Voice assistants are a great convenience when they work as intended. A wide choice of assistants has risen over the past few years, including Cortana, Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant, but Cortana didn’t become as popular as the rival digital assistants.

As a result, Microsoft has been moving away from consumer-focused features and the assistant is slowly turning into a tool exclusively for productivity that will work best with a Microsoft 365 subscription.

Cortana is now a regular system app that can be updated through the Microsoft Store in Windows 10 version 2004. Cortana also comes with a new chat-based interface, improved keyboard support, and you can also move it around the desktop.

Unfortunately, you can no longer use Cortana to read your emails, play music in Groove Music, and you cannot even launch apps using the chat or voice-based commands.

If you’re not planning on using the assistant, you can now easily remove it from Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Before uninstalling Cortana, make sure that you right-click the taskbar and disable the Cortana button feature.

How to uninstall Cortana

To remove Cortana from Windows 10 after upgrading to version 2004, follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Search.
    2. Search for PowerShell and run it with administrator privilege.
    3. Type the following command to remove the assistant and press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.549981C3F5F10 | Remove-AppxPackage
    4. Close PowerShell.
      Removing Cortana from Windows 10 is now easier than ever Cortana-PowerShell.jpg
    5. Reboot.

Once you complete the above, you’ll no longer find Cortana as an installed app on Windows 10 or within the system settings.

Do note that this hack doesn’t get rid of all traces of Cortana. You’ll still have the Cortana button in the taskbar, but you can always turn it off from the taskbar’s context menu and ignore that option.

Removing Cortana from Windows 10 is now easier than ever Remap-shortcuts.jpg

Also, Win+C shortcut will do nothing after removing the Cortana app, but you can use PowerToys Keyboard Remapper and reuse the shortcut for other Windows features.

For example, if your caps lock key is broken, you can configure PowerToys to enable caps lock when you press Win+C.

If you would like to restore Cortana functionality, simply head to the Microsoft Store and download the assistant again.

The post Removing Cortana from Windows 10 is now easier than ever appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2020
  4. flyturbo Win User

Removing CORTANA from Windows 10

OK tried your link to MS Connect and GUESS WHAT - CORTANA is not on the list of products accepting bugs or suggestions .. !!!

My suggestion, uninstall windows and install Ubuntu --> Get Ubuntu | Download | Ubuntu.

flyturbo, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing Cortana from Windows 10 is now easier than ever - Similar Threads - Removing Cortana easier

2. Seems better than ever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seems better than ever: The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone...
  3. Seems better than ever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seems better than ever: The problem-free performance of my Win11 has always been very good... fast, snappy & smooth. But I swear since moving to 22H2 it is or seems to be even more so... I do not believe I am imagining it be even quicker & more responsive than ever after moving to 22H2. Has anyone...
  4. Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge.: Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-easier-to-remove-edge-than-remove-bing/8a1679c2-8b61-4487-96b4-b3630981de02
  5. Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge.: Why is it easier to remove edge than remove bing from edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-easier-to-remove-edge-than-remove-bing/8a1679c2-8b61-4487-96b4-b3630981de02
  6. Removing Cortana From Startup

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana From Startup: How do I remove Cortana from the startup. I'm able to disable it bot not delete it. Is there a way to uninstall Cortana? I checked 2 Run keys in the Registry but it isn't listed in either. I thought there were 3 places in the registry that has the Run key. Can anyone...
  7. UAC more intrusive than ever in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC more intrusive than ever in Windows 10: Before the latest updates in Windows 10, my system would simply open my Autodesk design applications which are legally purchased, licensed and installed using "Run as Administrator". Now, every time I start one of these apps, your "marvelous" not the actual adjective I...
  8. The chrome bookmarks bar is easier than the windows taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The chrome bookmarks bar is easier than the windows taskbar.: I have two questions. I need to group some icons on taskbar, and make a folder, just like the bookmarks bar folders on Chrome. I have it to always combine but they are all separate. I need programs to stop going to the system tray and just quit. submitted by...
  9. Can Cortana be removed from Windows 10 N?

in Cortana
    Can Cortana be removed from Windows 10 N?: Lately I installed Windows 10 N while previously I was using the standard Windows 10, I noticed that on Windows 10 N Cortana doesn't respond with sound but only with text. So basically I it is not functional unter Windows 10 N and there must be a way to remove it, right?...
  10. Survey suggests Cortana will be more desired than ever in enterprise market

in Windows 10 News
    Survey suggests Cortana will be more desired than ever in enterprise market: A new survey conducted by Pindrop suggests that Microsoft’s Cortana has picked up in the battle for voice in the enterprise segment, and it will soon rival Amazon and Google in business use. Microsoft is finally getting the traction among enterprises, and the momentum is...