Windows 10: removing desktop icon shadow

Discus and support removing desktop icon shadow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a bug that Microsoft has protected for >5 years. "We are glad that you have chosen Windows 10. I can understand that you are facing some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CVHorie, Jan 5, 2021.

1. CVHorie Win User

removing desktop icon shadow

This is a bug that Microsoft has protected for >5 years.

"We are glad that you have chosen Windows 10. I can understand that you are facing some concern regarding personalization of your desktop. Please let me help you. July 2015" No Help at all.

I never asked for a shadow hanging over my life on Windows, but some teenage vandals in Microsoft think this grafiti looks good. The text below the icons is nearly unreadable. "Clever" - what?

None of the work arounds suggested by volunteers work why does Microsoft rely on volunteers to do their dirty work?. Microsoft staff are noticable by their absence in the "Community" to solve this problem.

Can we have a solution to this bug - soon?

:)

CVHorie, Jan 5, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown removing desktop icon shadow :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

1. removing desktop icon shadow - Similar Threads - removing desktop icon

2. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  3. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons. It tuns out that "Smooth edges of screen fonts" is the issue.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well. Turning on or off...
  4. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons. It tuns out that "Smooth edges of screen fonts" is the issue.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well. Turning on or off...
  5. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons.My Desktop icons used to look like this.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well.Turning "Use drop shadows for icon labels on...
  6. Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text

Unable to remove shadows on desktop icon text: Ever since Installing Windows 11 Moments 4 update, text shadows have appeared on my desktop icons.My Desktop icons used to look like this.When enabled, it's applying "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" setting as well.Turning "Use drop shadows for icon labels on...
  7. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  8. Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons

Cannot remove drop shadow on desktop icons: Desktop Icons are hard to read. I have tried at least 10 different suggestions on Google. All are different. None worked. Why would have such a wonderful program as Windows 11 and make the icon text blurred with a needless shadow?? Help on this, please?...
  9. Drop shadows on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop shadows on desktop icons: The inability to stop drop shadows has been going on for far too long. All the Microsoft responses stating the fix as checking the Drop Shadow box is ridiculous. It doesn't stop the problem. I've started to use Virtual Desktop more often and EVERY TIME I switch desktops...
  10. Shadow font on desktop icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shadow font on desktop icons: I want to remove shadow font on desktop icons in Windows 10. I have tried doing this from Advanced Settings but the shadows persist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shadow-font-on-desktop-icons/912d5448-3aa4-4d59-bb3e-add9f5021727