Windows 10: Removing Device from Microsoft account

Discus and support Removing Device from Microsoft account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I had an old Toshiba Satellite laptop that is no longer in my possession, and it was linked to my Microsoft account.I recently removed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by trang1996, Apr 3, 2022.

1. trang1996 Win User

Removing Device from Microsoft account

So I had an old Toshiba Satellite laptop that is no longer in my possession, and it was linked to my Microsoft account.I recently removed the deviceToshiba Satellite from my account, but what does that mean for the laptop's current user?Can they still access the files/folders I had on my desktop/homescreen?Or can they no longer use the laptop?I originally wanted to lock the laptop so that they can no longer use the laptop at all, but it wouldn't allow me to lock it, hence why I just removed it instead. Does removing the device do something similar?Also, is there a way to retrieve my files/fo

:)

trang1996, Apr 3, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 3, 2022
  3. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 3, 2022
  4. Removing Device from Microsoft account

Device still listed under Microsoft account after removing it

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing a device from your Microsoft account.

As you have mentioned that you have removed the device from the Microsoft account, it could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your
    profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

You can refer the screenshot for more help.

Removing Device from Microsoft account bbe6ee24-2440-414a-9613-071e63f8609a?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

Removing Device from Microsoft account

1. Removing Device from Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Removing Device Microsoft

2. Removing Device From Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing Device From Microsoft Account: At my old job I was signed into my Microsoft account on a work computer. I didn’t realize this until today when I was going through my devices on my account. I know people still working there can log into the computer and most likely see all my synced stuff. By removing this...
  3. Removing Device From Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Device From Microsoft Account: At my old job I was signed into my Microsoft account on a work computer. I didn’t realize this until today when I was going through my devices on my account. I know people still working there can log into the computer and most likely see all my synced stuff. By removing this...
  4. Removing Device From Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove Device from Microsoft Account - Impacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Device from Microsoft Account - Impacts: In a review of the devices on my Microsoft account I see computers I sold years ago and some with bitlocker. I clearly do not have access to them. Further, there are computers I want bitlocker removed - which may also be remote but still owned by me. It is not clear on my...
  6. Removing Device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Device from Microsoft account: So I had an old Toshiba Satellite laptop that is no longer in my possession, and it was linked to my Microsoft account.I recently removed the deviceToshiba Satellite from my account, but what does that mean for the laptop's current user?Can they still access the files/folders...
  7. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: How does one remove a device from Microsoft accounts. I believe the help file is outdated and there is no way do do that this moment. Recently updated Win to 2004. This might be the problem. The live agent was clueless and he and I were looking at completely different things...
  8. Removing device from Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing device from Microsoft account: I have two computers connected with my Microsoft account. Currently I want to remove one of them from the Microsoft account. I was wondering if I can remove it without any unpleasant consequences to the Windows activation? Thank you for the replay...
  9. Remove a device from Microsoft account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove a device from Microsoft account.: My Microsoft account shows 3 different listings for the same computer. I would like to remove these extra device listings from my account. The instructions to remove a device from a Microsoft account are dated sometime last fall, but they do not work. When the instructions...
  10. Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot remove devices from Microsoft account: There is no Remove Device for a laptop I no longer own. It was my son's and I have him on my family account. I removed him from the family account, but that didn't fix it. He's back on my Microsoft family account, but the laptop was wiped so I didn't think it would be...