Windows 10: Removing device has no affect

Discus and support Removing device has no affect in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My home got hacked few weeks ago, probably because of an old home router? They were trying to get through 3389 port, around 600 bots per sec. I believe... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by skurdifur, Jun 30, 2021.

1. skurdifur Win User

Removing device has no affect

My home got hacked few weeks ago, probably because of an old home router? They were trying to get through 3389 port, around 600 bots per sec. I believe they were able to get in, since now there are regular tries to login into my Microsoft account 'all around the world', thankfully so far, unsuccessfully.As soon as I noticed this attack, I changed my password and I removed all attached devices on my Microsoft account. But to my surprise, I was still able to login with my pin onto to those devices and open my OneDrive and everything? I also tested to start from an restore point on one of them, I

:)

skurdifur, Jun 30, 2021

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 30, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 30, 2021
  4. Removing device has no affect

How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location Add a device to your Microsoft account I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Jun 30, 2021
Thema:

Removing device has no affect

1. Removing device has no affect - Similar Threads - Removing device has

2. Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices: I have a PC with many PCI slots, the OS is Windows10. If I put my PCI card for motion control into one slot and other slots without any devices, my card works fine. But if I put a network card into another slot and read/write data via this network device, my card will not...
  3. Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices: I have a PC with many PCI slots, the OS is Windows10. If I put my PCI card for motion control into one slot and other slots without any devices, my card works fine. But if I put a network card into another slot and read/write data via this network device, my card will not...
  4. Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. If I remove an account from one device, will it affect the same account signed in on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    If I remove an account from one device, will it affect the same account signed in on...: I am using two PCs, but they were both signed in with the same account. I logged in with another account on one of them and I want to remove the previous account. There is a pop-up stating that I would lose everything associated with that account on that PC, so I was...
  6. If I remove an account from one device, will it affect the same account signed in on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I remove an account from one device, will it affect the same account signed in on...: I am using two PCs, but they were both signed in with the same account. I logged in with another account on one of them and I want to remove the previous account. There is a pop-up stating that I would lose everything associated with that account on that PC, so I was...
  7. If I remove an account from one device, will it affect the same account signed in on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will Windows update affect Device Manager settings?: My pc has a cracked touch screen, so it is extremely difficult to sign in and get to the device manager ro turn off the touch screen. We managed this. I'm on Windows 10 21H1. It now has downloaded 22H2. Will this alter the touch screen setting in the Device Manager?...
  9. Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware: Multiple computers on my home network have been infected by an Android Chinese TV Streaming device owned by someone who refuses to get rid of it. It is causing my Device Association Service to take up 25% CPU on one of my computers until I forcefully terminate it every time...
  10. I removed cookies but Cortana is affected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I removed cookies but Cortana is affected: I installed C cleaner to remove cookies but I got unnecessary result, Cortana is affected because its memory is clean now. My question: what should I do and what shouldn’t I do to get Cortana to learn more....