Windows 10: Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell

Discus and support Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Dear Community, I have not found a good way to remove most of my Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps. A. I cannot use AppLocker from GPO, because... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by cbrn1, Jul 7, 2020.

1. cbrn1 Win User

Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell

Dear Community,

I have not found a good way to remove most of my Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps.

A. I cannot use AppLocker from GPO, because my users are using Windows 10 Pro.

I believe AppLocker only applies for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education.

B. I cannot use User Policy : "Don' run specified Windows applications" for packaged apps.

C. I do not want to use User Policy : "Run only specified Windows application" because my Domain Users' need to use a few of packaged apps

D. Some Windows Packaged Apps can be disabled by editing the folder name in Windows\SystemApps. This method applies to the Computer, and I do not want to do this method on every Computers.

E. I cannot run Powershell script from GPO, because the script will run as System, instead of Domain/Local Administrator or Domain Users

F. I have been trying to use Powershell for the past few days.

I logged in to a Domain User profile, then I run Powershell as Administrator, both as Domain Administrator and Local Administrator.

The domain user has it's roaming profile disabled.

This is what I did:

1. Run Powershell on a Domain User's profile as an administrator

2. get-appxpackage -allusers *print3D* remove-appxpackage

3. To my surprise, the aforementioned script removed the packaged app from the Administrator's profile, not from the domain user's profile.

4. Cry a little bit

G. Cry a little bit more, enroll Domain Users as Administrators, manually uninstall Windows Packaged App from every Domain Users, with roaming profile enabled, remove Domain Users from Administrators.

H. Make a petition to ask Microsoft to allow AppLocker on Windows 10 Pro.

Thank you

:)

cbrn1, Jul 7, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF1, Package was not found.
    Windows cannot remove Microsoft.3DBuilder_10.0.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not have that
    package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
    yea its saying it can't find the package here is the output from getxapp package

OneMoar, Jul 7, 2020
  3. How to uninstall Apps using Powershell

Many of the Universal Apps cannot be uninstalled because the button is inactive (grayed out). This might be 'by design' for the Technical Preview since Microsoft wants users to test the Apps.

The preferred method is to use the uninstall button when it is active. The list below provides a way to uninstall an App when the button is NOT active.

Launch an elevated PowerShell (Right click - Run as Administrator ...)

Copy the command for the App you want to remove from the list below and paste it into the PowerShell window

Example:
    To remove the Calculator App, copy the entire line under the App name
    Calculator
    Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1505.29000.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell [​IMG]

The -Confirm parameter lets you to decide if you want to remove the App [ Yes ] or cancel the operation [ No ]
    Code:
    Code:
    Alarms  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsAlarms_10.1505.12000.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Calculator  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1505.29000.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Camera  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsCamera_5.31.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Contact Support  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Windows.ContactSupport_10.0.3.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy    Get Started  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.Getstarted_2.1.1.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Insider Hub  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.Windows.InsiderHub_1000.10130.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy    MS Solitaire Collection  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.MicrosoftSolitaireCollection_3.1.5151.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Maps  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsMaps_4.1505.50523.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Music  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.ZuneMusic_3.6.10681.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    OneNote  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.Office.OneNote_17.4201.10031.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Photos  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.Windows.Photos_15.610.18180.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Reading List  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsReadingList_6.3.9654.20540_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Scan  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsScan_6.3.9654.17133_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Sound Recorder  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsSoundRecorder_10.1505.11000.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Sports  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.BingSports_4.3.123.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Video  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.ZuneVideo_3.6.10801.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Weather  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.BingWeather_4.3.123.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe    Windows Feedback  Remove-AppxPackage -Confirm -Package Microsoft.WindowsFeedback_1000.10130.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Slartybart, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell

Calculator app crashing for one specific user on domain

One of our domain users was having an issue with an unrelated program and, since we had very little information to go on, we removed her local profile from the PC and had her start over from scratch. Since then, her calculator app crashes as it's launching.
    It will open a blue window and then immediately close. It still works for other users logged into the same PC though. We have tried the following steps in this order trying to resolve this issue for her:

• Terminated the app
    • Reset the app
    • Performed a Windows update to 1903 (I think it was 1809 previously)
    • Uninstalled then re-installed the app (uninstalling wasn't an option prior to the update)
    • We've tried re-registering the apps using this powershell script:
      • Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)AppXManifest.xml”}
    • Ended the Runtime Broker background process
    • Ran the built in Windows App troubleshooter and rebooted afterwards
    • Ran WSReset.exe

These were most of the solutions I could find by searching. Is there any other possible solution? I don't want to remove and recreate her profile again since that would be a pain for her to do for the second time in two days and it's not guaranteed to
    work since that's what sparked this issue in the first place.

Thanks for any help or suggestions you have.

***Original title: Windows 10 Calculator app crashing as soon as it launches***

AnotherJohnathon, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell

1. Removing Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps using elevated Powershell - Similar Threads - Removing Domain Users'

2. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  3. Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell: I'm on Windows 10 and I'm having issues with Groove Music so I want to uninstall it using this shell command:Get-AppxPackage *zune* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers but it just gives me this error: remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  4. Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell

Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell: I'm on Windows 10 and I'm having issues with Groove Music so I want to uninstall it using this shell command:Get-AppxPackage *zune* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers but it just gives me this error: remove-appxpackage : Removal failed. Please contact your software vendor....
  5. Can't remove Groove Music package using PowerShell

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  6. Powershell script to remove computer from Domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell script to remove computer from Domain: Hello,I am trying to remove computers from the domain with a powershell script.I will be using the Local Admin. credentials to remove the devices from the domain so users don't have to type in anythingI have encrypted the password with the following commands:Creating the...
  7. Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users

Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users: I am trying to remove Several Windows 10 Apps via Powershell and I mean I have done extensive research but just can not seem to get it to work. It works great for 1 user but not all users. Am I doing something wrong or what cause this is getting annoying lol....
  8. How to remove Windows Packaged Apps from Domain Users

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove Windows Packaged Apps from Domain Users: Dear Community, I have not found a good way to remove most of my Domain Users' Windows Packaged Apps. A. I cannot use AppLocker from GPO, because my users are using Windows 10 Pro. I believe AppLocker only applies for Windows 10 Enterprise and Education. B. I...
  9. non elevated powershell?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    non elevated powershell?: Hi, I read that I can uninstall apps via the powershell elevated, and I indeed did this. But what surprised me was that even a non-elevated powershell prompt allowed me to uninstall a number of apps as well. Would this mean that I can even reinstall apps via a...
  10. Can't remove provisioned apps for domain user accounts

Can't remove provisioned apps for domain user accounts: Hi, I'm trying to remove all provisioned app from Windows 10 so that it's removed for any user that logs into the domain account but it's not working. This is what I did: I ran Power Shell as administrator and executed the command "Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -Online |...