Windows 10: Removing drives without breaking RAID

Discus and support Removing drives without breaking RAID in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Question... I've a Western Digital 4-bay NAS with 4 HDD drives running in RAID 10 (1+0). The system has been running non stop for over a year now and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sygnus21, Apr 21, 2020.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Removing drives without breaking RAID

Question...

I've a Western Digital 4-bay NAS with 4 HDD drives running in RAID 10 (1+0). The system has been running non stop for over a year now and I'm looking to do some dust maintenance.

So my question - If I remove and reinstall each drive at a time for cleaning purposes will I break the RAID?

Not an expert on this so...

Thanks.

:)

sygnus21, Apr 21, 2020
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Question...

I've a Western Digital 4-bay NAS with 4 HDD drives running in RAID 10 (1+0). The system has been running non stop for over a year now and I'm looking to do some dust maintenance.

So my question - If I remove and reinstall each drive at a time for cleaning purposes will I break the RAID?

Not an expert on this so...

Thanks.

sygnus21, Apr 21, 2020
  3. sygnus21 Win User

Yeah, there's nothing there that isn't somewhere else so lost data isn't an issue. The hassle of redoing everything is.

That said, I'm just going to compress air around without removing drives. It's just a NAS 4-bay NAS box so getting around with compressed air shouldn't be challenging.

With that, the question was more about the ability to remove a drive without breaking RAID. But yeah, also cleaning.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Removing drives without breaking RAID

remove royal raid

Hello Steve,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with you are not able to uninstall “Royal Raid” app on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Click on the “Start” menu.
    • Type “appwiz.cpl” into the search field and press “Enter”. The “Uninstall or change programs” window will open.
    • Click on “royal raid” in the list of programs.
    • Click on “Uninstall”.
    • Select “Yes” when asked to confirm that you want to uninstall royal raid from your computer.
    Note: Your computer will then begin uninstalling the app and may take up to several minutes.

For reference:

I would suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by “CB Grant”
    replied on August 1, 2015 in the following Microsoft community link given below and check if that helps.

How to uninstall Windows 10 apps ?

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Removing drives without breaking RAID - Similar Threads - Removing drives without

2. Break the password without reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Break the password without reseting: I have some computers at school and each computer is set to the "student" option. I want to find out the admin password, but without resetting it. I want it to be explained to me someone a method to break it, without resetting so that I can view it at the end. I just want to...
  3. Break the password without reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Break the password without reseting: I have some computers at school and each computer is set to the "student" option. I want to find out the admin password, but without resetting it. I want it to be explained to me someone a method to break it, without resetting so that I can view it at the end. I just want to...
  4. Raid boot drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Raid boot drive.: I have 2 120gb ssds in my PC. They are from different brands. Is there a way I can somehow combine both of them into a raid that makes them operate as 1 drive, then make it my windows boot drive?...
  5. Removing drives without breaking RAID

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing drives without breaking RAID: Question... I've a Western Digital 4-bay NAS with 4 HDD drives running in RAID 10 (1+0). The system has been running non stop for over a year now and I'm looking to do some dust maintenance. So my question - If I remove and reinstall each drive at a time for cleaning...
  6. How to Mirror the O/S drive with a second drive without using Raid

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Mirror the O/S drive with a second drive without using Raid: I came across the following article about mirroring the O/S drive. https://www.wintips.org/how-to-mirror-boot-hard-drive-on-windows-10-legacy-or-uefi/#case-a However i recently upgraded my 500GB HDD with a 500GB SSD drive as my MBR C drive. Will I be able to apply...
  7. RAIDing Profile Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAIDing Profile Drive: My computer has the OS and such on C: and user profiles/documents on D: I want to set up RAID for D. I found out I need to clone D to a third drive, set up a storage pool, then clone that third disk back to the storage pool. I can't clone to the storage pool using macrium,...
  8. RAIDing Profile Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    RAIDing Profile Drive: My computer has the OS and such on C: and user profiles/documents on D: I want to set up RAID for D. I found out I need to clone D to a third drive, set up a storage pool, then clone that third disk back to the storage pool. I can't clone to the storage pool using macrium,...
  9. RAID Drive becomes unavailable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID Drive becomes unavailable: I am running Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I have a RAID drive set up on my F drive. When I turn on my system it runs fine and is available, but after the PC sits idle for some time none of the files inside of it are available. In My PC I can still see the F drive listed, but I cannot...
  10. Single drive with RAID?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Single drive with RAID?: This doesn't make sense. My new Dell 15 XPS (9550) laptop has the BIOS SATA setting set to RAID (not AHCI) and yet it has a single internal OS NVMe PCIe SSD. Any idea why it's not set to AHCI? thanks 54722