Windows 10: Removing DRM from music

Discus and support Removing DRM from music in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have lots of music worth a lot and almost half of them have been "locked" due to DRM (or WMDRM) Protect applied by Windows Media Player. The older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pratham Shanbhag, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Removing DRM from music

I have lots of music worth a lot and almost half of them have been "locked" due to DRM (or WMDRM) Protect applied by Windows Media Player. The older laptop, from which these files had been ripped is dead now. I tried using DIgital Rights Update Tool but it seems to not work.

So,1-- how can I retrieve my music?

2--What is the matter with the Anniversary Update or WMDRM or Windows 10 does not support DRM? (Its very confusing)

3--I have a very old computer lying in the store with Windows XP. Will it be able to read these files or be of any help (because it uses older WMDRM or something?)

Thank you.

:)

Pratham Shanbhag, Sep 15, 2019
  2. homeworm Win User

wma (DRM) music problems

Forgot to list the DRM formats supported by the 5220 (in case someone finds this info useful):

WMDRM 10, OMA DRM 1.0, OMA DRM 1.0 forward lock, and OMA DRM 2.0

....but not TescoDigital DRM Removing DRM from music :eek:(

homeworm, Sep 15, 2019
  3. daneotis Win User
    e71 music DRM Problems

Hi FB,

no, that's too obvious. The SD works fine in my reader (and the phone) -- however there is something "speical" about the Nokia SD that makes DRM possible.

You can see the effect by swapping SD cards and trying to upload a file from WMP 11 that's DRMed -- using the Nokia card it works fine, using the Sandisk card it errors out at the end during the license transfer.

I think this may be why so many other people have trouble with DRM music and Nokias -- there is some special preparation step that will make DRM possible with other SD cards.

Dane

daneotis, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Removing DRM from music

ramon trotman, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Removing DRM from music

1. Removing DRM from music - Similar Threads - Removing DRM music

2. DRM on bought movies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRM on bought movies: I have already bought Brave from Moves & TV and I downloaded it. I thought it can be transferred to my personal device and watch it everywhere. However, I found the downloaded movie is protected by DRM, so I can't open it in any other applicaitons.I wonder if it is really...
  3. How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?: I've a new PC; I put all My Music onto USB from my old PC & transferred it to Media Player MP in new PC which had MP on it. On new PC now, music is duplicated. I still have all My Music on old PC which I wish to retain....
  4. How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?: I've a new PC; I put all My Music onto USB from my old PC & transferred it to Media Player MP in new PC which had MP on it. On new PC now, music is duplicated. I still have all My Music on old PC which I wish to retain....
  5. cant play DRM music on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  6. cant play DRM music on media player

cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  7. Missing DRM on WMA

Missing DRM on WMA: I interviewed my grandfather about his life story and made CDs on my laptop. I lost that laptop and so I ripped the CD audio to another laptop. That laptop crashed but I managed to retrieve the WMA files from the hard drive. That hard drive is gone too now. Now I cannot play...
  8. DRM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DRM: Good day all, I trust that everyone is doing well and rising above the circumstances COVID-19 i do hope and trust that this mail find the team and family in good health......my purpose for writing today is that whenever I want to watch certain news feeds or stations they are...
  9. Remove DRM Protect from Music Files ripped through Windows Media Player

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove DRM Protect from Music Files ripped through Windows Media Player: Hello. I am a choreographer and spend lots of money in producing (copyrighted) music. I usually used to bring home studio music via CDs and rip them onto my computer using Windows Media Player. I transferred them all to an external hard disk then. Now, my older laptop is...
  10. drm removal software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drm removal software: hi im trying to print some figures from a kindle ebook the drm issue is stopping that , any ideas? thanks Joe W https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drm-removal-software/922f5a33-a81b-4cec-8365-fcb0ce7ea1f7"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows media player download drm license