Windows 10: Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using microsoft photos for a cuple years to quickly and easily upload photos from my camera to my computer , once in microsoft photos i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony Ray 2019, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

I have been using microsoft photos for a cuple years to quickly and easily upload photos from my camera to my computer , once in microsoft photos i upload the photos to a file on my computers harddrive i created . I noticed the files still on microsoft photos and in my file i sent them to . i believe having 2 copies is taking up alot of space on my c drive but i am afraid to delete these pictures on microsoft photos for fear it will also delete the folder i stored them to . my question is if i delete the photos on my microsoft photos will it also delete my photos on my folder ??

***Modified title from: Microsoft photos ***

:)

Tony Ray 2019, Apr 26, 2019
  2. BulldogXX Win User

identify duplicate photos

To remove the duplicates:

1. Right-click on a duplicate photo.
    2. A context menu will open
    3. Click on Delete.
    4. The file will be sent to the Recycle Bin.

BulldogXX, Apr 26, 2019
  3. SamuelLV Win User
    Duplicate photos

Hello Jackie,

Open Photos app

At the top right corner, tap on the Ellipsis (three dots)

Press Settings

Find Sources and tap on X to remove the folder with the photos that you want to remove.

According to the duplicate photos in Microsoft Photos app, I recommend that you provide your valuable feedback in Feedback Hub. It will enable the Microsoft development team to review your suggestions

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402156...

SamuelLV, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

Duplication of photos!

When I take a photo using the camera it saves 4 duplicate copies of it. When I transfer a photo or download it from web, the photo is duplicated 3-4 times. If I remove the duplicate copies sparing one photo, it removes all the copies of the photo. So,
    it's like there's no photo or duplicate copies of photos. This is happening on my Lumia 620. Help!!

karthikvaidadi, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

1. Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Removing duplicate photos

2. I am trying to remove duplicate photos and keep new copied photos from duplicating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to remove duplicate photos and keep new copied photos from duplicating...: neither of microsoft's solutions worked for me... "**" did nothing but print out a list...hitting ctrl+A did nothing...opening the photos app didn't work either...when I open settings there is no "viewing and editing" option...nor is there a "linked duplicates" option...I'm...
  3. I am trying to remove duplicate photos and keep new copied photos from duplicating...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am trying to remove duplicate photos and keep new copied photos from duplicating...: neither of microsoft's solutions worked for me... "**" did nothing but print out a list...hitting ctrl+A did nothing...opening the photos app didn't work either...when I open settings there is no "viewing and editing" option...nor is there a "linked duplicates" option...I'm...
  4. remove duplicate photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove duplicate photos: How do I remove duplicate photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-duplicate-photos/e4a289b1-8239-4bd8-8cd8-f5d0e2d7ae96
  5. remove duplicate photos

remove duplicate photos: How do I remove duplicate photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-duplicate-photos/e4a289b1-8239-4bd8-8cd8-f5d0e2d7ae96
  6. How To Remove duplicate photos from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Remove duplicate photos from OneDrive: I use iPhone iCloud and MS OneDrive at the same time. I have found there are many duplicated photos now.Question: 1. Can I use iCloud and OneDrive at the same time?2. How to avoid the duplicated photo problem occurs in the future?3. This is the most important, "How To Remove...
  7. How To Remove duplicate photos from OneDrive

How To Remove duplicate photos from OneDrive: I use iPhone iCloud and MS OneDrive at the same time. I have found there are many duplicated photos now.Question: 1. Can I use iCloud and OneDrive at the same time?2. How to avoid the duplicated photo problem occurs in the future?3. This is the most important, "How To Remove...
  8. remove duplicate photos

remove duplicate photos: How do I remove duplicate photos from my computer. I'm on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-duplicate-photos/c74792c1-cfd3-4e0f-853b-9a35905be29d
  9. How to remove duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos?: I upload photos that are in Microsoft photos to a file on the hard drive. But I noticed that uploaded files are still kept in Microsoft photos. I don’t want to keep two identical versions in different places...
  10. Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Removing duplicate photos with (2) after photo title: I really didn’t know which forum to put this in, so being as this has never happened before; I decided to try the 10 forum 1st. All of my pictures have suddenly developed a copy with (2) after title. How can I delete all of the copies in one sweep rather than one by one...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to delete duplicates in photo app on microsoft

2. microsoft photos delete duplicates

3. how to remove duplicates in microsoft photos

4. are duplicate photos shown in microsoft photos,
  5. duplicate photos fixer pro windows review,
  6. microsoft fotos duplicates,
  7. how to remove duplicates from microsoft photos,
  8. delete duplicate photos microsoft